Problem with the amc.com site.

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon and specific Linux distribution questions related to the browser.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
If your question is about general use of the browser and not specific to Linux, then please use the General Support board.
RoestVrijStaal
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Problem with the amc.com site.

Post by RoestVrijStaal » 2019-07-19, 20:35

At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D

tman801
Moon lover
Moon lover

Post by tman801 » 2019-07-19, 22:33

RoestVrijStaal wrote:
2019-07-19, 20:35
At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D
Don't you just love these highly intelligent IT people who keep pushing Internet Explorer??
Oh well I can still go to Sling TV and see the AMC schedule. It was just nice to be able to check while I was on the internet without shutting down and opening Sling TV.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2019-07-19, 23:05

I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

tman801
Moon lover
Moon lover

Post by tman801 » 2019-07-20, 00:31

Moonchild wrote:
2019-07-19, 23:05
I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
Thank you Moonchild.
Maybe they will change it but I doubt it.
I will keep a check on it.