Problem with the amc.com site.

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

RoestVrijStaal
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Problem with the amc.com site.

Unread post by RoestVrijStaal » 2019-07-19, 20:35

At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D

tman801
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-07-19, 22:33

RoestVrijStaal wrote:
2019-07-19, 20:35
At their faq;
Which browsers are supported by amc.com?

To watch full episodes online and AMC Live for Windows and Mac OS users, we recommend using Internet Explorer 9 and higher, or the latest versions of Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome with JavaScript enabled.
I hope TS does not pay any penny for this service. It turns out they're trying really hard to limit their support on purpose :D
Don't you just love these highly intelligent IT people who keep pushing Internet Explorer??
Oh well I can still go to Sling TV and see the AMC schedule. It was just nice to be able to check while I was on the internet without shutting down and opening Sling TV.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-19, 23:05

I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

tman801
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by tman801 » 2019-07-20, 00:31

Moonchild wrote:
2019-07-19, 23:05
I found out the problem.

For some reason amc's website -requires- wasm to be enabled (my main profile has it enabled for testing purposes).
That makes absolutely no sense for the type of site it is, and probably is a dirty shortcut of the "browser detection library" to try and detect "modern" browsers.

I shot them a message. WASM is often disabled in browsers because it gets abused for e.g. crypto malware.
Thank you Moonchild.
Maybe they will change it but I doubt it.
I will keep a check on it.