Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bottom

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on the Windows operating system.
Dream Cortex

Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bottom

Post by Dream Cortex » 2015-07-29, 11:45

Hello,

Upon browser restart, once the new 29 July 2015 Update was installed, Pale Moon came back with a strange red alphanumeric string along the bottom of my screen. It takes up way too much real estate of my screen. I'm considering rolling back the latest update just so I can reacquire my screen to its full use. (The glitch diminishes the size of videos I wish to stream.)

I'm sure someone versed in computers could fix this in a red hot minute, but I claim no such talent, myself. I've had a look at my AdBlockPlus add-on and I can't find any clue there to how to make this glitch disappear. I disabled the status bar but the red string -- which appeared below the status bar -- remains.

I'm hoping someone's willing to provide a description of how I might amend this -- a step-by-step how-to would be gratefully appreciated. I simply have no nous when it come to computers, but I want to persist with Pale Moon because it answers all my needs, and I've been trying to spread the word about it.

I have Win 7 on a 64-bit PC, 8 Gig RAM, only dual-core; Pale Moon Version 25.6.0 (x86) [I thought I'd selected a 64-bit version --- dunno why it's x86] Processor = AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics @ 3.40 GHz.

I've restarted the PC and the glitch returned as before.

I'll provide a screen-grab of the offending glitch, in the hope that's enough of a clue for someone who knows how to decode these things.

Any help would be lovingly appreciated!! I don't want to roll back Pale Moon. I'm chuffed with its useability and performance, and want to keep it as my default browser.

Thank you for any help,
--Dream Cortex
Attachments
THIS IS A NEW PROBLEM AFTER LATEST PALE MOON UPDATE   29 July 2015.JPG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bo

Post by Moonchild » 2015-07-29, 15:31

AdBlock Plus is not compatible with Pale Moon.
Please uninstall it, and use Adblock Latitude instead:
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose