WebRTC in Pale Moon

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

WebRTC in Pale Moon

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 18 Aug 2013, 22:37

I'm rather apprehensive about WebRTC, since it is something that adds a lot of complexity and potential security hazards to Pale Moon. In addition, pale Moon is (and should remain) a web browser, IMHO, and not try to double as a Skype client.

Since it's been asked, I want to ping Pale Moon users and get some feedback on the matter before Pale Moon v24 is published.
To give your feedback on this matter, please go to the form I prepared, and provide your answer! http://j.mp/1ail4bS (form closed, thanks!)
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: WebRTC in Pale Moon

Unread postby Moonchild » Sun, 25 Aug 2013, 09:34

With a clear majority of people against the integration of WebRTC in Pale Moon 24, it has underlined the decision not to build and incorporate it in the browser core.
WebRTC_chart_1.png
Feedback results
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Return to “Announcements”