This update reinstates FUEL again for old extension compatibility. See implementation notes.
Linux versions will follow shortly.
- Restored the FUEL abstraction library again.
- Added some extra sanity checks to timers and text fragments. DiD
- Added a potential crash safeguard in program threading logic. DiD
- Fixed the following security issues: CVE-2021-43537, CVE-2021-43541, CVE-2021-43536, CVE-2021-43545 and CVE-2021-43542.
- Unified XUL Platform Mozilla Security Patch Summary: 5 fixed, 3 DiD, 10 not applicable.
- Despite being removed in 29.4.0 and 29.4.2, the long-since deprecated FUEL abstraction functions inside Pale Moon have been restored again after considerable blowback from the community and lack of effort to fix afflicted extensions. It was decided to just restore this indefinitely in the end, since it serves no-one to have users be forced to do without or stay on insecure versions of the browser for something nobody seems to want to address in the extension ecosystem.