this add-on could not be downloaded because it's location could not be verified

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Bunny

this add-on could not be downloaded because it's location could not be verified

Unread post by Bunny » 2020-06-30, 23:11

Hello, I'm using Palemoon Portable and have never had problems installing addons on the past, however since this morning whenever I try to install any addon I'm getting the following message.

"this add-on could not be downloaded because it's location could not be verified"

:problem: Is there a setting i need to change. I have changing tried a few settings but no luck yet.

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: this add-on could not be downloaded because it's location could not be verified

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-07-01, 03:13

You probably mean that "its origin could not be verified" right?
That happens if you try to install extensions from the web by ctrl-clicking (which gives the download a blank environment) or due to some privacy add-ons that remove origin information from links. Extension installation without origin information is prevented because it is a security risk.
Solution: make sure you're not stripping origin information -- don't ctrl-click the download, and adjust your privacy extensions, if any, to not strip this kind of information from clicked links.
Workaround: save the xpi to disk first, then either drag&drop them on the add-on manager or "install from file" from the add-on manager's gear menu.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite