Lots of bugs loading various websites Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
aegis

Lots of bugs loading various websites

Unread post by aegis » 2020-04-25, 13:04

Hi

I wanna report some annoying bugs I'm affected loading some web-pages.

Everything tested running the Pale Moon "safe mode ", with all settings resetted by default.

OS: Manjaro Linux x64 , but if I remember well, also on Windows 7 32 bit (not completely sure about Windows).
DE: XFCE 4.14.
Network service: NetworkManager.service (systemd)

Custom DNS ipv4 servers:

Code: Select all

# OpenNic 00 IPV4 nameservers
nameserver 193.183.98.66
nameserver 51.254.25.115
Let's start:

d.tube : simply the site doesn't load. A blank page instead the website.

vk.com : you can't load pop-upped videos: an "unknown error" message is showed instead. Try to load the videos in this page as example https://vk.com/videos-113711651

An annoying issue: when I put on standby my PC, and I return into my session with Pale Moon opened, and I try to load the site that have a custom useragent ( general.useragent.override.websitename ), these pages don't load, except duckduckgo when I use the safe mode. I have to close and re-open pale moon for load these websites when I return from a PC standby.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Lots of bugs loading various websites

Unread post by therube » 2020-04-25, 14:27

Both working fine on my end (Windows, & without messing with any DNS settings).
(Your [hot]link to d.tube is incorrect.)

On vk.com, AFAIK, if you're not logged in, then you can only play shorter video clips (perhaps it's something like <= 10 minutes).
But that (death metal, is it) Nazare clip (popped up &) played just fine.

Restart PM into Safe Mode & see if that changes anything.
If not, then as a test, create a new, clean Profile & verify that both sites work correctly there.

aegis

Re: Lots of bugs loading various websites

Unread post by aegis » 2020-04-25, 15:24

Solved
It was my profile
I'll create a new one!

Cheers :D