Draging tabs without focusing them?

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser

Moderator: satrow

SGvagon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Draging tabs without focusing them?

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-11-10, 22:43

Is possible to make disable focusing and loading tabs when I try drag them to other position? This will help me a lot, because I am trying save RAM, but when I try click and drag any unload tab, it immediately start loading and focus.
I know, that this feature is in Tab Utilities or Tab Mix Plus extensions or any clone, but I can't using them, because I must use Tab Position Toggle extension to opening new tabs next to the current with middle mouse click (this feature is in Firefox, but not in Palemoon yet) . Tab Utilities or Tab Mix Plus breaks New Tab button when I am using Tab Position Toggle.
For anyone, who want to try Tab Position Toggle Extension, I uploaded it to attachment (because this addon is Legacy and you can't download it anywhere) .
Attachments
netapomiclto@archaeopteryx.xpi
Open new tabs next to the current with Middle click
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Draging tabs without focusing them?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-10, 23:14

The "Tab Control" extension also offers the option to open new tabs next to the current one.

Potentially that won't interfere with the option you've used from the other extension to drag a tab without focusing it.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

SGvagon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-11-11, 14:16

Tab Control set New Tab next to the current native (completely disable new tab at the end) . With my Tab Position Toggle I can open new tabs at the end with classic left click and with middle mouse click I can open new tab next to the current.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-11-11, 15:49

it was just a suggestion.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne