Draging tabs without focusing them?

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser
SGvagon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Draging tabs without focusing them?

Post by SGvagon » 2019-11-10, 22:43

Is possible to make disable focusing and loading tabs when I try drag them to other position? This will help me a lot, because I am trying save RAM, but when I try click and drag any unload tab, it immediately start loading and focus.
I know, that this feature is in Tab Utilities or Tab Mix Plus extensions or any clone, but I can't using them, because I must use Tab Position Toggle extension to opening new tabs next to the current with middle mouse click (this feature is in Firefox, but not in Palemoon yet) . Tab Utilities or Tab Mix Plus breaks New Tab button when I am using Tab Position Toggle.
For anyone, who want to try Tab Position Toggle Extension, I uploaded it to attachment (because this addon is Legacy and you can't download it anywhere) .
Attachments
netapomiclto@archaeopteryx.xpi
Open new tabs next to the current with Middle click
(10.24 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Draging tabs without focusing them?

Post by Moonchild » 2019-11-10, 23:14

The "Tab Control" extension also offers the option to open new tabs next to the current one.

Potentially that won't interfere with the option you've used from the other extension to drag a tab without focusing it.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

SGvagon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post by SGvagon » 2019-11-11, 14:16

Tab Control set New Tab next to the current native (completely disable new tab at the end) . With my Tab Position Toggle I can open new tabs at the end with classic left click and with middle mouse click I can open new tab next to the current.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2019-11-11, 15:49

it was just a suggestion.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

letmeindude
Moonbather
Moonbather

Post by letmeindude » 2020-01-29, 01:49

SGvagon wrote:
2019-11-10, 22:43
I know, that this feature is in Tab Utilities or Tab Mix Plus extensions or any clone, but I can't using them, because I must use Tab Position Toggle extension to opening new tabs next to the current with middle mouse click
There is a solution:
- disable or uninstall New Tab Position Toggle
- install the awesome Tab Utilities Phoenix
- download my attachment (text file), and import it via "TU Options > Settings > Import..." and click OK.

That's it, now you have custom mouse action "Open New Tab Next to Current". Now go to TU Options > Mouse and assign it to anything you want, including middle click on New Tab Button. Or double click on current tab to open new tab next to it, or ...
Open New Tab Next to Current.txt
(175 Bytes) Downloaded 11 times

SGvagon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post by SGvagon » 2020-02-06, 19:16

letmeindude: Hm, I see Open New Tab Next to the Current in the mouse settings, but tabs still open on the end. Is it some mistake in your code? Thank you in advance.

letmeindude
Moonbather
Moonbather

Post by letmeindude » 2020-02-07, 17:10

You are right, it doesn't work without Tree Style Tabs installed, which I use. This is strange because the code is Pale Moon dependent, not TST dependent.

I used:

Code: Select all

gBrowser.addTab(gBrowser.relatedToCurrent);
I also tried (but no luck):

Code: Select all

gBrowser.loadOneTab("about:blank", {relatedToCurrent: true,inBackground: false});
EDIT: The second code is 100% working, so that means Tab Utilities Phoenix has a bug which breaks relatedToCurrent.