Changes/fixes since 28.5.0:
- Restored a global getBoolPref() function shortcut for extension compatibility with old extensions.
If you are currently using this global function in your extension(s), please change it to Services.prefs.getBoolPref()
- Fixed an issue with the UI when the address bar was removed from the navigation toolbar.
- Fixed an issue with scripting of the Help menu.
- Fixed a crash resulting from non-standard manipulation of XML stylesheets by extensions.
- Fixed Aero Peek (taskbar previews) on Windows.
Fixed browser.link.open_newwindow functionality.
Sorry, not yet! This will be in the next major update.
- Removed the default handler for webcal since the site doesn't seem to be properly maintained.
- Prevented some ways smart places queries could be abused for social engineering attacks.
- Ported an upstream Skia fix.
- Improved the origin-clean algorithm for canvases.
- Changed the way the application update checker code is hooked up so it will not require a user to go idle before being activated.
This solves the primary issue with application updates not notifying users as promptly as they should; more improvements are slated for the next major release.
- Applicable security issues fixed: CVE-2019-7317, CVE-2019-11701, CVE-2019-11698, CVE-2019-9817 (DiD), CVE-2019-11700, CVE-2019-11696, CVE-2019-11693, and several potentially exploitable crashes and memory safety hazards that do not have a CVE number assigned to them.
- v28.5.2: Fixed issues with image/texture allocation incorrectly being marked as insecure.