There was an issue with the application update system in the browser, which might prevent automatic updates.
To check and solve:
- Go to Help -> Check for updates.
- If the updater checks for an update and downloads it, you're good and don't have to do anything.
- If the updater hangs on "Connecting to...", your updater is broken and you'll need to manually update. if you're on Windows, go to point 4. If you're on Linux, go to point 5.
- Go to http://www.palemoon.org/unstable/ and download/install the latest version. Feel free to choose whichever method you prefer (installer, zip or portable). You're done!
- Go to http://linux.palemoon.org/download/unstable/ and download/install the latest version. You're done!