Preference dialog window doesnt respond

Support and discussions for the x86/x64 Linux version of Pale Moon.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

mocambo
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Preference dialog window doesnt respond

Unread postby mocambo » Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 01:38

Hi !

Preference window doesn't respond to any mouse clicks or key presses. I cant choose any tabs, press any buttons, change any preferences. Problem persists also in safe mode.

Figured out that when I change any option blindly and later come back to that window, that change have been accepted though. Somehow window doesnt show up any interaction, but itself it performs.

Save Page As ... and Open File ... dialogs work well. Bookmarks library window works partly - first i have to choose something on left pane, after that i can choose items on bookmark list. All other programs under XFCE doesnt have such anomaly.

Problem emerged month ago, i'm not sure what was the exact version of PM then. That problem continues with version 28.
I'm using PM under Manjaro XFCE.

Any ideas ?

Thank you !
Last edited by mocambo on Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 02:20, edited 4 times in total.

nikola_ss

Re: Preference dialog window doesnt respond

Unread postby nikola_ss » Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 03:45

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Mon, 22 Oct 2018, 06:41

Distilling the relevant information from it:

"It was the xf86-video-intel driver. Seems like the git version is newer then Manjaro's repositories version. With the new version of driver, all problems gone."

i.e.: if your repository has a dated xf86-video-intel driver, it can cause this and you should get he latest version from the git repository for that driver.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

mocambo
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread postby mocambo » Fri, 26 Oct 2018, 02:10

In my case solutions provided in viewtopic.php?f=37&t=19941 doesnt help much.

What I have changed subsequently:
1. Upgraded from xf86-video-intel-1:2.99.917+831 to xf86-video-intel-1:2.99.917+847
2. Changed browser.preferences.animateFadeIn=false to browser.preferences.animateFadeIn=true

Just upgrading xf86 driver doesnt gave any effect. The previous driver 831 was released on May 2018, but problems with Palemoon started on August. What have changed on Palemoon since then ?

After browser.preferences.animateFadeIn=true the Preferences window starts partly to respond. I can change tabs, but tabs contence doesnt change. So I can see Security tab dialogs under Privacy tab etc.

Figured out that after heavily playing by resizing Preference window, I can make some dialogs work.

Interestingly i dont have such problems in any other programs but Palemoon.

Any ideas ?
Thanks !

stevepusser
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby stevepusser » Tue, 30 Oct 2018, 21:18

Pale Moon released version 28.0.0 in mid-August, that's the connection.

mocambo
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread postby mocambo » Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 01:32

stevepusser wrote:Pale Moon released version 28.0.0 in mid-August, that's the connection.

Remains to ask, what are the differences between rendering dialog windows on PM 27 and PM 28 ?

stevepusser
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread postby stevepusser » Thu, 01 Nov 2018, 21:30

The developer(s) will have to answer that...

Return to “Pale Moon for Linux”