Sync failing to connect, need next steps tor troubleshooting

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
Firefairy

Sync failing to connect, need next steps tor troubleshooting

Unread post by Firefairy » 2018-05-15, 23:18

I have a sync profile that is currently linking an android device to two Windows 10 devices successfully. I just installed and linked an instance of Pale Moon in Linux Mint 18, and I get the following error when it tries to sync:

"Sync encountered an error while syncing: Failed to connect to the server. Sync will automatically retry this action."

I have been receiving this error for three days, so I am now confident the issue is not just a moment or two of bad connection. However, I have not received it before, so I am not sure how to troubleshoot it. Pale Moon is connecting fine to the internet in general, the sync server says it is up, my phone and even the same computer when running Windows sync fine, so... now what?

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Sync failing to connect, need next steps tor troubleshooting

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-05-16, 01:19

First thing to rule out: in PM on the Mint box, go to about:config and verify that the services.sync.clusterURL preference is set to https://pmsync.palemoon.org/sync/index.php/ per this post:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=18938#p139516

Note that it should be set to pmsync.palemoon.org, not pmsync.palemoon.net, which is the old sync server.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.