- A processor with SSE2 support.
- At least 1 GB of system memory (applications may run in less, but 1GB is a good minimum to target).
- Windows: an up-to-date version of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. The platform will not support Windows XP or Vista.
Considering Vista is past end-of-life, it's unwise to still target this O.S. with a new platform.
- Linux: A recent kernel and system libraries. Our focus will be GTK2. More details to be determined at a later date.
- Mac OS X: At least version 10.9 will be required. Note that Mac development is currently not planned by our team.
Once again to be absolutely clear: this currently has no impact on the Pale Moon browser. It will only become relevant if/when we move our Pale Moon application from our current Mozilla+Goanna 3 platform across to UXP in the future.