Facebook ... I do not take it anymore Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Ultor

Facebook ... I do not take it anymore

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-03-02, 08:02

It hangs 10 times yesterday. I ... I'm going back to Internet Explorer ... :shifty:

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Facebook ... I do not take it anymore

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-03-02, 08:05

If you'd like to help us fix the problem before completely jumping ship, please try the unstable build and see if it still hangs?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2017-03-02, 08:11

Such an unproductive opening post..

Ultor

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-03-02, 09:08

Sorry ... I was hoping that my experience would be at least something.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-02, 09:44

Your "experience" is stating the obvious. We're working on it.
You can help (yourself and everyone else) by testing the unstable build and letting us know if that fixes your hangs -- since it's hard to reproduce, the best people to test the fix are the people who consistently suffer from the issue.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Ultor

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-03-04, 17:53

Now seems ok! :thumbup:

Ultor

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-03-10, 22:31

Hei ... a moment. I opened an image on facebook, and soon moved to the next image. :evil: A random problem?

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-03-12, 02:05

Ultor wrote:Hei ... a moment. I opened an image on facebook, and soon moved to the next image. :evil: A random problem?
I don't have that issue.

Ultor

Unread post by Ultor » 2017-03-28, 21:54

Now it hangs with Yahoo Mail, if I go to the "Sent email." :(

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2017-03-28, 22:41

My wife and I both use yahoo mail and neither one of us has a problem. Maybe a new profile would help??

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-29, 06:22

Ultor wrote:Now it hangs with Yahoo Mail, if I go to the "Sent email." :(
If you are not utilizing Pale Moon's Status Text, you could add it to the browsers Status Bar which would then tell you if Yahoo is doing something
Yahoo mail doing something.png
Yahoo mail doing something.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
which in the event Yahoo was then it would appear to be a Yahoo hang while this is going on or Yahoo is not doing something
or not.png
or not.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 1393 times
in which case Yahoo should not be hung but should be responsive at that point. I like the Status Text in the browser Status Bar because it tells me if the webpage is busy doing something or not and if the webpage finished successfully which in that case the Status would be "Done" and also on a side note by hovering a link then I can see what the URL of the hovered link happens to be as illustrated below.
Link's URL in Status Bar.png
Just one of the many reasons why I like Pale Moon so much (while other browsers take it upon themselves to decide for the user what's important or not in a browser as opposed to giving the user to make their own choice).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising