getting security warning when trying to complete palemoon survey

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moon convert

getting security warning when trying to complete palemoon survey

Unread post by moon convert » 2017-03-01, 02:54

Hi there, I really enjoy and appreciate the Palemoon browser. I was trying to fill out the survey, but I keep getting a security warning. I can always enter my email address, and once, I got to the second page, but eventually when I hit next, I get a dialog box asking if I want to leave the page. If I click no, I don't move forward. If I click yes I get a security warning. I've attached a screenshot. I've had a similar problem with Google docs in general. I have always assumed the issue was something on Google's end, and resorted to using Firefox when viewing items from Google docs. But it seems very strange to have to do this for the Palemoon survey. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anonans

Re: getting security warning when trying to complete palemoon survey

Unread post by anonans » 2017-03-01, 03:10

Have you turned on your Security tool? Some antivirus may regard some common websites as browser hijacker, adware or fake pop up. My homepage used to redirect to Faststartpage.com and my antivirus tool warns me all the time.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-01, 23:58

Pity that the technical details that matter were cut off in your screenshot.

Most likely though, it'll indeed be some "https filtering" going on of a security or antivirus suite that makes Pale Moon not trust the certificate.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moon convert

Unread post by moon convert » 2017-03-02, 16:24

Thanks. Sorry about the missing info. I thought that was the end of the message, and neglected to scroll down. I've attached some new screenshots. Interestingly, this time I got to page 4 before I had a problem. For what it's worth, I'm running kaspersky Internet security 17. Although, the associated browser extension doesn't integrate with palemoon. It only installs in Firefox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.