Permanently disable Plug-in Update Required warning?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
awdrifter

Permanently disable Plug-in Update Required warning?

Unread post by awdrifter » 2017-01-16, 09:13

Is there anyway to permanently disable the "Plug-in Update Required" warning? If not, which is the last version before this warning is implemented? Thanks.

kizo07

Re: Permanently disable Plug-in Update Required warning?

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-16, 11:37

awdrifter wrote:anyway
Plugins+addons+update=maybe here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3478&p=19990&hilit= ... ate#p19990

awdrifter

Unread post by awdrifter » 2017-01-20, 05:58

Thanks for the reply. But I think Pale Moon is not for me, I'm getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error when just trying to view a YouTube video, even after I added the site to exceptions it still won't let me view it. I'm sure some users will need this level of security, but it's not for me.

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-01-20, 13:28

awdrifter wrote:Thanks for the reply. But I think Pale Moon is not for me, I'm getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error when just trying to view a YouTube video, even after I added the site to exceptions it still won't let me view it. I'm sure some users will need this level of security, but it's not for me.
I don't have that issue with youtube. There is something on your computer causing issues.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-01-20, 13:39

awdrifter wrote:Thanks for the reply. But I think Pale Moon is not for me, I'm getting the "This Connection is Untrusted" error when just trying to view a YouTube video, even after I added the site to exceptions it still won't let me view it. I'm sure some users will need this level of security, but it's not for me.
You make settings which make that error.
Try a clean Pale Moon profile and you will see, it works without errors. Take a look at my signature for that.

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-20, 15:23

awdrifter wrote:anyway
Connection+is+untrusted=maybe here (date/time, proxy, cert8) search.php?keywords=Connection+is+Untrusted

awdrifter

Unread post by awdrifter » 2017-01-20, 16:47

Thanks for the replies. My datetime shows the correct date, I even resync'd with time.nist.gov. It's still giving me the warning. I don't have this problem with Maxthon or Firefox. Is there anyway to disable this check? I was going to use Pale Moon to replace Firefox as my secondary browser, I'm not going to do any banking or privacy sensitive things on Pale Moon.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-01-20, 17:21

As i wrote test a clean profile