Cannot seem to place an attachment inline anymore. Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

Thehandyman1957

Cannot seem to place an attachment inline anymore.

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-10-25, 04:46

Hello all, Today I made a reply to a post and added a .png screenshot to show something
and when I tried to place it inline on the line I wanted it to show, it would not let me.
At first I thought something was blocking me as it usually shows the file name and such on the line
you choose. But it no longer does that. It actually puts it on the bottom of the post without showing
anything and the only way I could see it was there, was if I previewed the post. I am running the latest 26.5.0 and
I even tried disabling all add on's just to see if it changed something but it did not.

I have not changed anything on my computer in awhile so I don't think that is the problem.

Did something change in the way the forum works?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Cannot seem to place an attachment inline anymore.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-25, 11:52

Nothing changed in the way the forum works.

Add the file by dragging/dropping or using the add files button, then put your cursor in the message where the image has to be put in-line, and click "Place inline".

It works fine:
9194.png
9194.png (34.22 KiB) Viewed 940 times
If you are using script blocking extensions or paranoid privacy settings, it may interfere with this operation. That can't be helped in that case. So... what did you change when this started happening? :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Thehandyman1957

Re: Cannot seem to place an attachment inline anymore. (FIXED)

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-10-27, 02:56

Moonchild wrote:Nothing changed in the way the forum works.

Add the file by dragging/dropping or using the add files button, then put your cursor in the message where the image has to be put in-line, and click "Place inline".

It works fine:
9194.png

If you are using script blocking extensions or paranoid privacy settings, it may interfere with this operation. That can't be helped in that case. So... what did you change when this started happening? :)
Well, that's what I have been doing for the last couple of years with no problem but it seems the last couple of days it is acting up.
It does work on FF 26 but not on PM in safe mode. So I'm not sure what has happened. :think:
But I just tried it today and it worked just like normal. :wtf: I have not changed anything. Very strange. :think:

Well, perhaps it's a internet connection issue or something. I'll mark as fixed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Cannot seem to place an attachment inline anymore.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-27, 09:40

Marked as GREMLINS - FIXED
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite