.gov site's select page loading issue Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tribaljet
Lunatic
Lunatic

.gov site's select page loading issue

Unread post by tribaljet » 2016-10-17, 23:04

After updating from 26.4.1 to 26.5.0, both myself and a few others have noticed how a given financial portal we use has been having issues loading some of its pages.

This behavior only began happening on 26.5.0, with profiles running no addons as well as clean profiles having been tested. I've wondered whether changes to CSP could've impacted this.
Portuguese translator of Pale Moon

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: .gov site's select page loading issue

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-17, 23:07

Please check the FAQ, top announcement post about secure connections... There's a reason why it's there.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze ... cas.gov.pt

Triple-des supported only. I'm not sure why ssllabs still gives these sites an A- because it's NOT even close to top level security.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tribaljet
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by tribaljet » 2016-10-17, 23:15

Apologies for not having gone through the latest FAQ update, had only gone through release notes.

The issue was related with 3DES being disabled. In all honesty, I'm surprised that the site would run with such cypher and that's quite concerning at that. Regardless, thank you for the heads up and I'll have to contact them about the matter, even if I'm hesitant to believe they're willing to change things in a timely fashion.

EDIT: Will be testing further the site and once fully assured, will mark as solved in a few hours :)
Last edited by tribaljet on 2016-10-17, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-10-17, 23:18

tribaljet wrote:Apologies for not having gone through the latest FAQ update, had only gone through release notes.

The issue was related with 3DES being disabled. In all honesty, I'm surprised that the site would run with such cypher and that's quite concerning at that. Regardless, thank you for the heads up and I'll have to contact them about the matter, even if I'm hesitant to believe they're willing to change things in a timely fashion.
All mainstream browsers will or already have disabled 3DES. Chrome will likely trail behind last as usual.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tribaljet
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by tribaljet » 2016-10-17, 23:20

Even more concerning, but this hasn't been the first time I've seen state services running outdated or borderline obsolete software, so time will tell.