Adobe Flash Player

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Adobe Flash Player

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-11-18, 21:42

Just a quick question to pale moon users on linux.If you are using a flash player,are you using the 11.2 version or has anyone successfully tried the pepperflash update.
Thanks.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Tharn

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Unread post by Tharn » 2015-11-18, 21:44

You can use both. There's a wrapper to get pepperflash to work with NPAPI browsers like Palemoon, but last time I tried it, the official version 11 was way more performant.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-11-18, 21:47

Thanks tharn.
Im using the 11.2 version from the mint repositry and im not experiencing any problems so far.

Pale moon 29.4.1

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-11-19, 14:14

I have used both version (11.2 & Pepper) in the past without issues. I currently don't have Flash installed on my system at all.

emacsomancer

Unread post by emacsomancer » 2015-11-21, 02:39

Moonraker wrote:Just a quick question to pale moon users on linux.If you are using a flash player,are you using the 11.2 version or has anyone successfully tried the pepperflash update.
Thanks.
I've tried the pepperflash wrapper, which seems nice when it works. I started running into issues with it displaying embedded YouTube previews oddly and not wanting to open up the YouTube site via clicking on the embedded video. (Of course, I'm using the beta version of PaleMoon *and* really using PaleMoon as a backend for Conkeror, so I've introduced more variables....]

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2015-11-22, 20:11

Its interesting that the developer of linux mint clement levebrue suggests sticking with the 11.2 version in terms of performance etc.
Can anybody give me a example of a website where the latest version of flash is needed.?.Surely flash sites dont play catch-up with every flash update.
I have never encountered a website where version 11.2 would not function.I have absolutely no intentions of using googles browser to get what i consider a un-needed update.I would sooner not use flash than do that.

Pale moon 29.4.1