Download manager tweak for PM v27

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

tmtisfree

Download manager tweak for PM v27

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-12-01, 14:45

Adapted from Download manager tweak version 1.0.8:

-install.rdf tweaked to work with Pale Moon 27.*
-French language updated

damjang
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Download manager tweak for PM v27

Unread post by damjang » 2016-12-01, 15:54

Thank you! Work ok.

Damjan

CraigPD
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by CraigPD » 2016-12-01, 17:35

tmtisfree, TYVM :thumbup:

damjang
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by damjang » 2016-12-06, 14:22

tmtisfree, can I ask if possible to add 2 things that I miss from previous version?

- first a grey line to separate the downloaded file list: now is all white and no separator between files
- the option to enable the buttons in download list is present in Options, but for me don't work. The buttons are not enabled/visualized. Only the default pm/firefox button is shown. Is it possible to enable this buttons?

Thank you

Gordon Dry
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gordon Dry » 2016-12-06, 19:11

Unfortunately I can't minimize that addon's window to the tray anymore with the MinimizeToTray revived (MinTrayR) addon as I was used to with the classic solution on Pale Moon 26 ...

Also the old behavior had the benefit that I could minimize the download window to the tray and close the main Pale Moon window.

As soon as the download was finished the process was completely ended.

This still works with DownThemAll, though...

tmtisfree

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-12-07, 11:02

damjang wrote:tmtisfree, can I ask if possible to add 2 things that I miss from previous version?

- first a grey line to separate the downloaded file list: now is all white and no separator between files
- the option to enable the buttons in download list is present in Options, but for me don't work. The buttons are not enabled/visualized. Only the default pm/firefox button is shown. Is it possible to enable this buttons?

Thank you
Unfortunately, this layout is the same under Firefox (no more separator and item buttons).

As a fallback you can use a right click on a downloaded item to display a menu with the equivalent options.

I have no time to see what could have changed atm, sorry.

tmtisfree

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-12-10, 13:28

damjang wrote:tmtisfree, can I ask if possible to add 2 things that I miss from previous version?

Thank you
The grey separator was removed in PM v27. You have 3 choices:

1/ simulate it by adding the following CSS rule in your userChrome.css (which is found in your Pale Moon profil in the chrome folder):

#downloadsRichListBox > richlistitem.download { border-bottom: 1px solid ThreeDLightShadow! important; }

This will work both in sidebar mode and window, but unfortunately not in tab mode for some reason.

2/ If you use the Aeromoon theme, this will be integrated in the next release (one with a version more than 1.4.0, see also my own 1.4.1 version below).
This will work in all mode and any forthcoming version of either Aeromoon, PM and DMT.

3/ If you use another theme, request the developer to add the CSS rule above to it or add it yourself in the file chrome/browser/downloads/allDownloadsViewOverlay.css

I have not found a way to get back the buttons, sorry.

Cheeres,
TMTisFree

[[File removed]]

tmtisfree

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-12-10, 15:52

For some reason I cannot edit the post above.

Please use the following Aeromoon version (the one above has version not updated).

[[File removed]]

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-11, 10:09

tmtisfree: Although I don't particularly mind if you edit and post abandoned external open source extensions, please do talk to Lootyhoof if there is a problem with any of his maintained themes to sort things out directly - same with extension developers who are active; always first try to get the original author to make fixes for Pale Moon instead of just "modding and pasting" in the forum.

To avoid confusion I'm removing the edited aeromoon themes here.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

tmtisfree

Unread post by tmtisfree » 2016-12-11, 12:35

Moonchild wrote:tmtisfree: Although I don't particularly mind if you edit and post abandoned external open source extensions, please do talk to Lootyhoof if there is a problem with any of his maintained themes to sort things out directly - same with extension developers who are active; always first try to get the original author to make fixes for Pale Moon instead of just "modding and pasting" in the forum.

To avoid confusion I'm removing the edited aeromoon themes here.
It is me who suggested to Lootyhoof [1] to add this fix to the Aeromoon theme, but he has not yet published it (at least at the time of writing).

[1] https://github.com/Lootyhoof/aeromoon/issues/2

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-11, 17:47

Then please have a little patience. 8-)

I'm all for enthusiasm, but it's kind of disrespectful to a maintainer to go "I suggest |this| and went ahead and put it in and distributed my version of your stuff to everyone already". So, please don't. :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2016-12-20, 03:21

damjang wrote:... can I ask if possible to add 2 things that I miss from previous version?
Download Manager Tweak (DMT) version 1.0.8.1 may not be sufficiently compatible with PM27, as explained below. Instead, use Download Manager Tweak 1.0.9.1 (after changing its Firefox min-version from 37.0 to 27.0 in DMT's install.rdf file)

From https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... 9.1-signed:
Internal changes to how Firefox 38 provides download information broke DMT 1.0.8. Only changes in DMT 1.0.9 are to make DMT work again for Firefox 38.
You can edit DMT's install.rdf yourself. Alternatively, you can use the xpi file below:

* ADMIN NOTICE * [LINK EDITED DUE VIOLATION OF RULES]

In addition to the internal language/locale files in DMT, DMT also uses some of the browser's own locale files. DMT version 1.0.8.1 appears to be using some strings whose name id's are not found in Pale Moon 27 "DTD" files. On the other hand, DMT version 1.0.9.1 uses strings whose name id's are found in Firefox 38, and thus more likely to be found in PM27 as well.

petrus

Unread post by petrus » 2017-06-21, 16:10

Thanks, this one by riiis really works, while the official doesn't show downloads.

Hence i nominate it to be added to https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/!

Can we do that? :)

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2017-06-22, 02:32

riiis wrote:In addition to the internal language/locale files in DMT, DMT also uses some of the browser's own locale files. DMT version 1.0.8.1 appears to be using some strings whose name id's are not found in Pale Moon 27 "DTD" files. On the other hand, DMT version 1.0.9.1 uses strings whose name id's are found in Firefox 38, and thus more likely to be found in PM27 as well.
People like to put me as an ogre, but how many times I need to say this?

Please STOP to add directly executable/add-ons/videos/zip files of stuff that you don't have legal copyright to modify and share. As you jeopardize the forum and put it in risk for a legal action against Pale Moon. DON'T DO IT. If you need to add a file, use a sharing service instead, share the link NOT the file.

Enough people do this so I am forced to add warnings from now about this. Please understand that this is for protect the site of some eventual legal action, I am deleting your files from the forum for this reason alone. If you add them from a 3rd download site, all is fine.

Topic unlocked now.

petrus

Unread post by petrus » 2017-06-22, 05:34

Here is an external alternative link then:

DownloadManagerTweak1091PMFIX.xpi
https://www.sendspace.com/file/giztn2

Gordon Dry
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gordon Dry » 2017-06-22, 10:22

I tested it.

The window still doesn't close itself after finished downloading when set up to do so.

And it's still not minimizable to tray with MinTrayR installed.

petrus

Unread post by petrus » 2017-06-22, 16:52

I have it set to "Open in a tab" and with "Close when downloads complete" enabled the tab does close.

Use that as a workaround. :)

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Download Manager Tweak, AIOS, and View Sidebar

Unread post by riiis » 2017-08-13, 02:18

Gordon Dry wrote:The window still doesn't close itself after finished downloading when set up to do so.
DMT in Firefox 54 has the same issue. So this appears to be a DMT issue, rather than a Pale Moon issue.

To open downloads in a separate window, and close the window automatically when all downloads are complete, you might want to try Downloads Window version 0.5.5, instead of DMT.
Here is an external alternative link then:
Downloading xpi files from an unrecognized website is not safe. The link should be deleted. Instead, download DMT to your hard drive, either Download Manager Tweak version 1.0.9 (from the developer. Note the download link is about 3/4 down the page under "Older Versions"), or Download Manager Tweak version 1.0.9.1-signed (from AMO) . Then, modify the extension's "install.rdf" file yourself, as explained above. Alternatively, install the Moon Tester Tool version 1.0.5 (from APMO). Then, use MTT to install DMT in Pale Moon.

Using DMT, downloads can also be shown in the sidebar. If so, my View Sidebar version 12.7.0 extension (from APMO) is recommended. Also, View Sidebar and DMT appear fully compatible with All-in-One Sidebar version-0.7.25.1-signed (from AMO). Just first download AIOS to your hard drive. Then install AIOS in Pale Moon, using the Moon Tester Tool.
DMT-AIOS-View_Sidebar.png
Note that if you select the DMT option to show downloads in a separate tab or window, the DMT sidebar also remains active. Access the DMT sidebar, at any time, using AIOS or View Sidebar.

Finally, it appears that Mozilla now requires Pale Moon to be within the extension's min-version to max-version range, prior to allowing the download (strict compatibility). To be able to download these extensions, using Pale Moon, you first might have to modify the option "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org" in "about:config" (say to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0 (Pale Moon)"). After completing your downloads from AMO, consider resetting "general.useragent.override.addons.mozilla.org", in "about:config", back to the Pale Moon default.