Super Start add-on not working anymore Topic is solved

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

alex31

Super Start add-on not working anymore

Unread post by alex31 » 2016-11-24, 13:51

With latest Palemoon release, Super Start 7.2.1 which supposed to be compatible, not working.

Falna
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Super Start add-on not working anymore

Unread post by Falna » 2016-11-24, 14:15

Super Start 7.4.0.1-signed works perfectly in v27, even though when you visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/super-start/?src=search it is listed as being 'not available' - just go ahead and choose the 'install anyway' option.

Forked extensions :
● Add-ons Inspector ● Auto Text Link ● Copy As Plain Text ● Copy Hyperlink Text ● FireFTP button replacement ● gSearch Bar ● Navigation Bar Enhancer ● New Tab Links ● Number Tabs ● Print Preview Button and Keyboard Shortcut 2 ● Scrollbar Search Marker ● Simple Marker ● Tabs To Portfolio ● Update Alert ● Web Developer's Toolbox ● Zap Anything

Hint: If you expect a reply to your PM, allow replies...

alex31

Unread post by alex31 » 2016-11-25, 10:24

Falna wrote:Super Start 7.4.0.1-signed works perfectly in v27, even though when you visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/super-start/?src=search it is listed as being 'not available' - just go ahead and choose the 'install anyway' option.
It does not allow to install if I press "install anyway". I have to disable compatibility check to do so but the developer is not recommending doing this: viewtopic.php?t=6431

riiis
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by riiis » 2016-11-25, 19:07

alex31 wrote:
Falna wrote:Super Start 7.4.0.1-signed works perfectly in v27, even though when you visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/super-start/?src=search it is listed as being 'not available' - just go ahead and choose the 'install anyway' option.
It does not allow to install if I press "install anyway". I have to disable compatibility check to do so but the developer is not recommending doing this: viewtopic.php?t=6431
Super Start version 7.4.0.1 appears perfectly compatible with Pale Moon 27, whereas Super Start version 7.2.1, which you're currently using, is not compatible. To install Super Start 7.4.0.1, download the Super Start install file from AMO (super_start-7.4.0-fx-windows.xpi). Within this xpi archive, then change the min-version, in install.rdf, from 41.0 to 24.0. Rezip the xpi file, if necessary, then install in Pale Moon.

Super Start became incompatible with changes in Firefox 41, requiring a new Super Start version. As is common in add-on development, the Firefox min-version was routinely changed to Firefox 41.0, at the same time, even though prior versions of Firefox (and Pale Moon) were untested and thus may also have been fully compatible.