Junk mail from Yahoo that isn't junk

Support topics for the mail/news/chat client
GarthP

Junk mail from Yahoo that isn't junk

Unread post by GarthP » 2016-11-11, 10:32

I use FossaMail to read mail from a couple of Yahoo mail accounts. From time to time Fossa says certain mail is junk, when it is not, usually from the same senders. I mark it as such, and the notification initially disappears. If I reload or click Get Mail, however, the Junk notification reappears.

I have tried training, and it has no effect. It appears that Fossa is picking up its junk status message from Yahoo, and that I cannot affect that. The ironic thing is that when I read the message in Yahoo itself, it is not classified as junk!

Is there any way in which Fossa can be modified to stop the junk status message being displayed, please? I have lots of filters on my Yahoo mail accounts, so actually get very little proper junk. and that which does get through I can live with.

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Junk mail from Yahoo that isn't junk

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-11-11, 10:45

Go to Tools -> Account Settings...
Under the Yahoo account, go to Junk Settings, and then uncheck the adaptive junk filter option.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

GarthP

Unread post by GarthP » 2016-11-11, 17:57

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, my Yahoo accounts do not have any Junk Settings option. There is Settings, but that does not have such an option either, and nowhere in any of the options is there any mention of an adaptive junk filter option or setting. I have checked before, believe me, but just did so again, and there is nothing whatsoever.

I’m fairly certain there is nothing I can do to the Yahoo side of things, so was simply asking if there are any configuration options in PaleMoon to turn off the Junk notification. If not, I’ll just have to live with it.

I don’t want to lose the Yahoo accounts, but I certainly don’t want to change from PM.

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2016-11-11, 18:05

Moonchild's instructions were meant to be carried out in FM, not within Yahoo. However, if it's Yahoo that's flagging them as junk, there's no way FM is going to revert or alter that decision made on their server. For example, when Gmail flags something as spam for my account, I have to look in the Spam folder in FM and/or mark it as not spam through Gmail.com's interface.

GarthP

Unread post by GarthP » 2016-11-11, 21:05

For the avoidance of doubt, the adaptive junk filter options in FM have been and remain unticked, ever since I found that training was ineffective in these particular circumstances.

I can only infer that it is Yahoo that is causing the problem, since the Yahoo a/c itself does not treat the messages as junk, but allows them to be read there without being marked as junk. That is what is so strange. There is also nothing in the message headers that appears to be a junk flag, although I'm no expert.

At least I still get the messages!