Pale Moon ignoring "always ask" for Flash content Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lionelb

Pale Moon ignoring "always ask" for Flash content

Unread post by lionelb » 2016-04-11, 11:37

PM: 26.1.1 (x64)

I have set the items for Shockwave Flash File (application/futuresplash and application-x-shockwave-flash) to "Always ask" in the Preferences/Applications tab. However, flash video (e.g., on bbc.co.uk) still starts playing automatically. Sometimes an "Autoplay On" message is visible in the upper right corner of the video window - but changing that seems to make no difference. Nor do I appear to have access to Flash Global Settings (the right-click menu simply opens a Flash Player Help page). Is there another setting I need to change somewhere?

biopsin
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pale Moon ignoring "always ask" for Flash content

Unread post by biopsin » 2016-04-11, 13:21

visit Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins and set it to Ask to activate
voidlinux_x64 glibc-2.78 / selfcompiled latest Palemoon (gcc-13.2.0) / GTK2

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2016-04-11, 13:41

I experienced this yesterday with the reinheit theme.I changed the browser theme and it cured it.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

lionelb

Unread post by lionelb » 2016-04-11, 14:21

visit Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins and set it to Ask to activate
Thanks, biopsin, that did it. (So what does the Preferences/Applications setting actually do then...?)

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-04-11, 14:49

Welcome to the forum lionelb, can you please provide the URL to a website example?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

lionelb

Unread post by lionelb » 2016-04-11, 15:25

Thanks, you're welcome - appreciate the speedy response(s) here.

Here's some typical BBC Flash content (annoyingly, the BBC deliver HTML5 to mobile, but Flash to desktop - can spoof the browser id string to get round that, but it messes up other stuff):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/36012569

Not sure how long these links persist, but most (all?) multimedia content off the front page http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ seems to be Flash.