Bookmark improvements

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
computergeoffrey

Bookmark improvements

Unread post by computergeoffrey » 2016-01-24, 16:08

Hi,

1) exporting and reimporting HTML bookmarks causes the "Bookmarks Toolbar" directory to appear in "Bookmarks Menu" instead of the Bookmarks Toolbar itself. (this can be seen as a bug)
2) when altering a bookmarks name, it would be nice if the change would be reflected upon pressing ENTER/RETURN in the bookmarks window. (and this can be seen as a minor feature request)

These two things are not Pale Moon specific but I would like to see it in Pale Moon, as the better version of Firefox :)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Bookmark improvements

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-01-24, 17:46

The Bookmarks Toolbar is a special folder.. When imported it is imported as a normal folder.. Just simply move from one to the other and delete the normal folder. HTML bookmark structure is very basic.. Just unordered list to determine the structure.

bawldiggle
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Bookmark improvements

Unread post by bawldiggle » 2016-04-06, 02:08

Just when I was about to complain "why isn't the Bookmarks Toolbar included in backups" ?

Now I know where my "Bookmarks Toolbar" is .... a very long way down on my "Bookmarks Menu"
- a very long way down considering my Library is desperately in need of a fire ;)

:mrgreen:
Win-7 PRO 64-bit
Palemoon; auto updates current version (32-bit)