pminstaller updated to v0.2.2!

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

pminstaller updated to v0.2.2!

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-03-12, 02:57

The Pale Moon for Linux installer has been updated to version 0.2.2! The following changes have been made:

** The installer no longer gets stuck if the user clicks "Cancel" before any part of the Pale Moon archive has been downloaded.
** When choosing the version of Pale Moon to install, "Latest version" is now automatically selected.
** Updated the bashobfus script used by the installer.
** Fixed some typos and updated the oxygen-gtk2 warning message and Readme.

You can grab the new version from the Pale Moon for Linux site.

SeaOtter

Re: pminstaller updated to v0.2.2!

Unread post by SeaOtter » 2016-03-13, 14:46

Thank you very much. :thumbup:

SeaOtter

Unread post by SeaOtter » 2016-03-27, 14:18

Hi Trava,

Today I installed Pale Moon in a KDE based distro and on the installation screen, when I chose "show other versions", the window disappeared and nothing happened. I restarted the installer again & the installation went well when proceeded with the default version (i.e. latest version).

IMHO, I think there is no need for the option to choose version and it just creates confusion for new users.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-03-28, 18:56

SeaOtter wrote:IMHO, I think there is no need for the option to choose version and it just creates confusion for new users.
Hi SeaOtter,

While the installer now defaults to installing the latest version (which is by far the most common option, obviously), it can also install previous versions as well if the user types in the version they want (e.g. 25.8.1, 26.0.2, etc.). The "Show versions" button simply opens up the Pale Moon for Linux archive page (or is supposed to; I'll have to look into why it didn't work for you).

This release of the installer functions exactly like the previous version, but saves the user from having to select "Latest version" when installing (it is already selected).

dakra

pminstaller: Selecting Install Pale Moon

Unread post by dakra » 2016-03-29, 14:57

re:
but saves the user from having to select "Latest version" when installing (it is already selected)
In my environment (Ubuntu 14.04 with Gnome fallback) pminstaller showed Install Pale Moon highlighted, but clicking <OK> did nothing.

It appears that the highlighting is showing the position in the list, but you have to click on Install Pale Moon or hit <up arrow> or <down arrow> to actually select it before hitting <OK>. When you do any of those, the highlighting becomes more intense.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-03-30, 01:07

dakra wrote:In my environment (Ubuntu 14.04 with Gnome fallback) pminstaller showed Install Pale Moon highlighted, but clicking <OK> did nothing.
I can't reproduce. The installer starts with "Install Pale Moon" highlighted, and clicking "OK" works without having to select anything.

goran

Unread post by goran » 2016-04-07, 16:09

Hi, I noticed a problem with version 0.2.2. If you choose the 'view readme' or 'view license' options, they reset Pale Moon to the default settings.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2016-04-07, 17:17

Viewing the readme or license should not have any affect on Pale Moon (neither option even accesses anything outside of the script itself). Just to be sure, I opened both the readme and license and no settings were changed in Pale Moon.

martywd

Unread post by martywd » 2016-04-07, 21:09

goran wrote:Hi, I noticed a problem with version 0.2.2. If you choose the 'view readme' or 'view license' options, they reset Pale Moon to the default settings.
FWIW, I had this happen to me _once_, too, a couple of years ago (i.e., not v. 0.2.2). I do not recall what version of Pale Moon I was running at the time? But because it did happen, I NEVER clicked on either 'View readme' or 'View license' any more when running './pminstaller.sh' !