Ctrl + Tab / Shift + Ctrl + Tab Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
harvestmoon

Ctrl + Tab / Shift + Ctrl + Tab

Unread post by harvestmoon » 2016-03-23, 10:02

How can I disable my tabs from showing when I press this combo?

I want to be able to cycle back & forth normally, switching the focus to the next or previous tab, one tab at a time.

Andrew Gilbertson

Re: Ctrl + Tab / Shift + Ctrl + Tab

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2016-03-23, 11:09

You can go to about:config and change browser.ctrlTab.previews from "true" (the default) to "false". This will let you toggle between tabs with Ctrl+Tab/Shift+Ctrl+Tab without seeing any previews. Or, if you don't want to mess around with about:config, you can use Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDn to switch tabs instead (but be careful, as adding Shift to those will reorder tabs rather than switch between them).

harvestmoon

Unread post by harvestmoon » 2016-03-23, 11:48

Thank you both for your reply. This solves my problem 4 different ways :clap: . I'm happy. :thumbup:

For some reason I didn't think I could about:config Pale Moon :think: . I think it's because I read :coffee: there is a Pale Moon tool that assists in making configuration changes to the backend.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-03-23, 17:47

harvestmoon wrote:I think it's because I read :coffee: there is a Pale Moon tool that assists in making configuration changes to the backend.
There is, but it is a convenience tool for the more common advanced settings -- it doesn't mean the "raw" method isn't available ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite