Search engines local folder

For discussions specific to the Portable version of the browser.

Moderator: satrow

exo77

Search engines local folder

Unread post by exo77 » 2016-03-02, 15:28

I'm trying to find a way to put my XML search engines into portable Pale Moon but I can't figure it out.

I've found the directory:
Pale Moon Portable\Bin\Palemoon\browser\searchplugins

but when I add custom *.xml files into that folder the browser don't see them. I tried to do it the other way, by adding a searchengine by browser directly from a website and looking where it pop on HDD. No luck, addes search engines do not pop under that directory or enywehere ealse insite Pale Moon portable directory (and yet there are visable in browser search bar).

Please don't as me why I try do it by copying. There's no other way to do it becouse those XML files are custom made and don't exist anywhere online.

User avatar
New Tobin Paradigm
Off-Topic Sheriff
Off-Topic Sheriff
Posts: 5679
Joined: 2012-10-09, 19:37
Location: Sector 001

Re: Search engines local folder

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-03-02, 16:47

You will want to put them into the active profile version of that folder.
Image
- He's been your rival since you were a baby. -
http://binaryoutcast.com/ | http://thereisonlyxul.org/

exo77

Re: Search engines local folder

Unread post by exo77 » 2016-03-02, 17:23

I've synced those two directories:

Bin\Palemoon\browser\searchplugins
User\Palemoon\Profiles\Default\searchplugins

All my search engines are in both folders. But still only the original's are visable.

// edit

Ok, I deleted all files from those two directories. Restarted browser. Then I put all 12 search engines I use and restarted Pale Moin. It worked. They show up.

llomm

Re: Search engines local folder

Unread post by llomm » 2016-03-02, 17:52

exo77

Delete this files in Profile folder and try again:
search.json
search-metadata.json


Search Engines may be located in [profile]\searchplugins and/or [palemoon]\browser\searchplugins. Both are working.

Also may be you have incorrect xml.

I recommend to use add to searchbar and then you can edit / add additional parametres.

Locked