Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jcw814

Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

Unread post by jcw814 » 2016-02-25, 23:54

Using Pale Moon Portable 25.5.0 on WXP/SP3, 32-bit.
No theme installed for Pale Moon.
Only 3 extensions are 3 simple toolbar buttons from: https://codefisher.org
I tried to make a new toolbar by clicking on the "Add New Toolbar" button at the bottom of Pale Moon's "Customize Toolbar" window.
When prompted for the name of the new toolbar, I entered "Options" and then clicked on "OK."
But I saw nothing occur and saw no indication of a new toolbar anywhere.
I repeated the process, this 2nd time entering the name of "Options2" for the new toolbar, but again I saw nothing occur.
I can find no indication of either of the two new toolbars that I thought I made (and I assumed I could delete if unsatisfactory).
What am I missing? TIA. /jcw

Thehandyman1957

Re: Customize Toolbar --> Add New Toolbar

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2016-02-26, 04:03

How very strange. I am using 25.8.1 32bit Atom/XP and it does the same thing. I did notice that after naming the new tool bar and before closing the customize box that it does indeed show up and also shows my Bookmark bar which I don't use. If I right click on the empty bar it shows a check mark for the name of my new tool bar but when I close the customize box it simply disappears. And when I go to view and toolbars it does not show any entry for the new toolbar. So it will create the toolbar but after closing the customize box it simply erases it. :think:

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-02-26, 06:57

Please try first the latest Pale Moon for XP version, which is 26.1.1!

http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-atom.shtml

llomm

Unread post by llomm » 2016-02-26, 09:28

jcw814

When you create a new toolbar put on it any button or extention icon being in customize mode and then toolbar did not disappear.

jcw814

Unread post by jcw814 » 2016-02-26, 18:10

Reading together the replies from handyman and llomm, I see what I missed was that right after making the new toolbar but before closing the "Customize Toolbar" window, I needed to drag an icon button to the newly created toolbar space. That works.
Thank you. /jcw