Pale Moon SSE

For contributed third party builds not necessarily configured like the main product.
e.g. AVX builds, SSE builds, Pandora builds.
Mercury

Re: Pale Moon SSE

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-06, 15:56

The look of tabs changed between v25 and v26. There is a thread about it here, including a solution for those wanting the old style back.

I build from the official sources. I make no alterations to the source code (except for the version string for the About dialog box). I certainly don't include any extensions.

I checked and there are no references to "colormytabs" in the source I used, and that string doesn't show up in about:config for me. There's something strange and possibly worrying going on with your system. Have you ever used Color My Tabs? I don't know if it's possible for an extension to leave behind some "trash" (i.e. about:config entries) when it's removed.

If you check Help > Troubleshooting Information, what is listed under "Extensions"?

Mercury

v26.0.3.SSE released

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-06, 23:37

Version 26.0.3 is now available here.

With how quickly this update followed, I've learned my lesson: It pays to be lazy. 8-) I could've skipped one more version if I'd just waited another day.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-02-07, 08:38

And that would be a mistake. We release updates for a reason.. They are all important. Every last one of them. That is a distinct difference between what we do and rabid release.

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-02-08, 11:15

Thank you once again, Mercury!

I know it was a kinda joke, but no, in the long run, it never pays to be lazy. ;)

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-09, 01:58

You're welcome. :)

Unfortunately, it's a fact that my releases can lag behind the mainline build, sometimes more, sometimes less. I do this when I have free time, and I can't have a response-time guarantee. Usually SSE build will come within a few days of a new PM version.

One thing I'm set on is that if, one day, I decide I can't keep up this task anymore, I'll make a formal announcement about it rather than leaving people hanging with false hope. I've been burned by that behavior myself.

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-02-10, 09:16

Don't worry about it, a few days delay is fine. I just hope that the day when you give up on maintaining your build won't come anytime soon.

Mercury

v26.1.0.SSE released

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-20, 16:47

26.1.0.SSE is out.

You know what to do.

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-02-21, 11:56

Great! Thanks, Mercury & the PM team!

BTW, I wish more people express their gratitude here for everything Mercury and the PM team are doing. C'mon guys, they are doing this for us.

Reino

Unread post by Reino » 2016-02-21, 16:00

Mercury wrote:I checked and there are no references to "colormytabs" in the source I used, and that string doesn't show up in about:config for me. There's something strange and possibly worrying going on with your system. Have you ever used Color My Tabs? I don't know if it's possible for an extension to leave behind some "trash" (i.e. about:config entries) when it's removed.
Quite some time ago I have indeed installed "Color My Tabs" once. I guess those were indeed leftovers in about:config.
I've done a complete uninstall and installed v26.0.1 rightafter. The "Color My Tabs" entries are gone now.
Mercury wrote:The look of tabs changed between v25 and v26. There is a thread about it here, including a solution for those wanting the old style back.
That I didn't know. Thanks. I've tried and messed around a bit with the userChrome.css posted by 'Lootyhoof', but it didn't work out for my setup. I'll stick to the new look for now.

P.s. Despite having ticked everything in the notification options in the control panel, I wasn't notified by your post. Weird.

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-21, 17:25

Reino wrote:P.s. Despite having ticked everything in the notification options in the control panel, I wasn't notified by your post. Weird.
Maybe because I didn't reply directly to you, and just posted in the thread? I'm not sure; I don't really use notifications myself.

Glad we got that mystery solved.
Alt+F4 wrote:Great! Thanks, Mercury & the PM team!
BTW, I wish more people express their gratitude here for everything Mercury and the PM team are doing. C'mon guys, they are doing this for us.
Don't worry too much about me. Thanks are nice, and I appreciate it, but I take a practical standpoint and I'm more interested in whether my builds actually work. I work under the assumption that you test each version before you thank me. ;) And that lack of posts means there are no complaints.

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-02-21, 20:10

It's a confirmation by silence that everything works fine. ;)

Mercury

v26.1.1.SSE released

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-26, 00:34

Get it while it's hot. 8-)

Also, small announcement:
I will be removing the v26 beta builds; I expect that no one cares about them or ever did, and they're especially useless now, but on the miniscule chance that someone wants them, they'll be available for download for another 5 days or so.

Alt+F4

Unread post by Alt+F4 » 2016-02-26, 12:42

Installed and I'm running the latest build all flawlessly. :)

Thanks and keep it up!

P.S. About outdated beta builds, yes, I think it's OK to remove them since they are redundant now.

magg1

Unread post by magg1 » 2016-02-27, 10:44

Where I found v26.1.1.SSE? There's no file on FTP.
Edit.
THX

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-02-28, 01:08

magg1 wrote:Edit.
THX
Does this mean you found it? :?:

magg1

Unread post by magg1 » 2016-02-29, 16:37

yup :)
Before i can't see v26.1.1. Now I use it. Thanks.
I think older version is faster especially on YT.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-04-01, 01:47

I have an old Dell Latitude D600 laptop. I have been using PM Atom/winxp which works well.
I am curious about PM SSE.
Do you think that it may work better on my old laptop?
Is it OK to install both PM Atom/winxp and PM SSE on the same computer?
Do the PM and FF extensions work with PM SSE?

Mercury

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-04-02, 03:34

greyowl wrote:Do you think that it may work better on my old laptop?
I doubt it. Lack of SSE2 instructions is a handicap. It will probably perform slightly worse, though I think the difference would not be noticeable by a human.
Is it OK to install both PM Atom/winxp and PM SSE on the same computer?
I don't recommend it. If you want to try PM SSE, download the .zip file and extract the files to a dedicated location. You can then run it by launching the executable directly. All version of Pale Moon will try to access the same profile by default, so all your settings, extensions, bookmarks, history, etc. will be picked up automatically.
Do the PM and FF extensions work with PM SSE?
Yes. PM SSE and PM Atom should be functionally identical.

greyowl

Unread post by greyowl » 2016-04-02, 13:06

Thanks for the information and help.

Mercury

v26.2.1.SSE released

Unread post by Mercury » 2016-04-10, 18:30

Same place as always. Enjoy.

Minor FYIs:
- Version 26.2.0 was skipped and will not be available.
- The v26 beta builds have been removed.