PaleMoon Mac 26.0.0 (unofficial)

Discussions for the Apple Mac OS builds of Pale Moon

Moderator: dbsoft

Forum rules
Important note:
The old Mac OS versions of Pale Moon were provided by various people and not official or in any way organized. Please make sure you check the date of topic threads to know if the topic is current or relevant! We are using this board for both old discussions and new development of Pale Moon on Mac.

Any specific bugs you find that don't have their own topic yet: please make a new topic; one bug per topic please to keep things organized.
sugis

PaleMoon Mac 26.0.0 (unofficial)

Unread post by sugis » 2016-01-26, 22:10

Hello everyone,

I've cooked up a 26.0.0-final build for Mac. Been running it for 15 minutes or so and haven't noticed anything obviously broken. Let me know if it works for you!

http://universe.sugis.org:8180/jenkins/ ... .mac64.dmg

Sasparilla

Re: PaleMoon Mac 26.0.0 (unofficial)

Unread post by Sasparilla » 2016-01-27, 03:19

Replying to you here on this New Moon build in El Capitan (OS X 10.11.3).

I'm so very impressed. The installer worked perfectly. It looks and works great. It imported the mountain (really) of links etc. I had from Safari. Install went well, on launch it complained it wasn't from an identified developer (opened it again and overrode that) and off to the races. Download functionality worked perfectly (grabbed Win & Atom copies for work tomorrow).

Thank you sugis, this is awesome :thumbup: , will pound on it constantly now.

Milobinder

Unread post by Milobinder » 2016-01-27, 17:56

Thank you, sugis. Working just fine on mid-2010 Macbook Pro running 10.9.5

Evil Moo

Unread post by Evil Moo » 2016-01-28, 21:06

I gave it a go at work today and it seemed to run smoothly enough on the iMac running Mavericks that I use. Only minor issue I ran into was a site (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/) that gave me the mobile version, but unlike when using the Windows build I use at home, didn't seem to give me a link at the bottom to switch to the desktop version of the site. I may have to look into about:config and see if any of my compatibility settings are different there or something.

ajorpheus

Unread post by ajorpheus » 2016-01-29, 10:55

I have just posted a link to this thread on reddit on an old (but relevant) thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/palemoon/comme ... nder_os_x/).
Please let me know if you want me to remove it in case your server is bombarded by downloads.

MoonSavvy
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by MoonSavvy » 2016-01-30, 21:28

Many thanks Sugis for resurrecting the unofficial Pale Moon build for OS X!

Working perfectly here on Mavericks 10.9.5 over the past few days. :thumbup:

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2016-01-30, 21:51

Evil Moo wrote:I gave it a go at work today and it seemed to run smoothly enough on the iMac running Mavericks that I use. Only minor issue I ran into was a site (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/) that gave me the mobile version, but unlike when using the Windows build I use at home, didn't seem to give me a link at the bottom to switch to the desktop version of the site. I may have to look into about:config and see if any of my compatibility settings are different there or something.
Pale Moon uses the new "Goa"nna layout/rendering engine in the UA and so websites see it as a mobile phone/browser. It's a known issue and you should report this to the owner of the website and ask them to fix it. This is bad UA sniffing.

Take a look at this thread and you'll see same issue as your having: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10841.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-02-02, 03:22

There's some issues with Google Drive and some (all?) HTML5 videos...
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions ... issues/334

freebird

Unread post by freebird » 2016-02-05, 17:19

OS X 10.11.3 - working fine.

I was trying to get /. load properly on my FF and FF-Developer edition and looked for alternatives. Feels like stumbling upon Phoenix more than a decade ago.

sottwell

Unread post by sottwell » 2016-02-10, 17:01

sugis wrote:Hello everyone,

I've cooked up a 26.0.0-final build for Mac. Been running it for 15 minutes or so and haven't noticed anything obviously broken. Let me know if it works for you!

http://universe.sugis.org:8180/jenkins/ ... .mac64.dmg
Can't get the download, keeps dying.

sottwell

Unread post by sottwell » 2016-02-10, 20:08

Finally got it, busy server I guess. So far works great. Seems quicker than Firefox.

This is on a 2011 MBP with 10.9.5, Mavericks.

Pleasureseeker

Unread post by Pleasureseeker » 2016-02-11, 16:45

Working very well on a Retina 5K (10.11.3) as well :clap:

Compares very well with the 64bit Windows and Linux builds that I have on Win7 and Mint 17.3 XFCE.

Well done that man :thumbup:

HarmonicResonance

Unread post by HarmonicResonance » 2016-02-13, 23:25

Works great over here. Imported bookmarks fine; Adblock Latitude works fine. Running on Mavericks - 10.9.5 here. Tested on iMac late 2013 and Macbook Pro 13". Much thanks for getting this working again!! :thumbup:

mmsmm

Unread post by mmsmm » 2016-02-14, 19:30

Thanks so much for this! I've been running it for a couple of weeks and everything has been perfect except for one thing: following any link from Google Images crashes the browser. Trying to view an image that comes up in a search crashes every time, and so does clicking one of the image search links that get inserted into regular Google web searches. I'm using a late 2011 Mac mini, here are the parts of the crash log that seem relevant. Let me know if you want me to upload the entire thing somewhere:

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libmozalloc.dylib 0x0000000100089b0f mozalloc_abort(char const*) + 31

sugis

Unread post by sugis » 2016-02-18, 07:52

Hi mmsmm, can you try to reproduce the problem with the latest build?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11250

If you can, send me the full crash log, along with a specific website that causes the crash. Thanks!