Adobe Flash ESR to be Enterprise only soon.

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Adobe Flash ESR to be Enterprise only soon.

Unread post by satrow » 2015-11-19, 12:33

WARNING

This page and the download links will be decommissioned on January 22nd, 2016.

If you are not an enterprise user, please visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download Adobe Flash Player for your system.

Enterprise users must have a valid license to download and distribute Adobe Flash Player binaries.
https://www.adobe.com/mena_en/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Adobe Flash ESR to be Enterprise only soon.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-19, 13:03

F-you, Adobe.

I guess we'll have to have an enterprise person "leak" ESR to the public after that point in time then...
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2015-11-19, 13:12

Moonchild wrote:F-you, Adobe.

I guess we'll have to have an enterprise person "leak" ESR to the public after that point in time then...
There is always TPB or KAT that will have copies.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-19, 13:12

Moonchild wrote:I guess we'll have to have an enterprise person "leak" ESR to the public after that point in time then...
Yes.. An enterprise person.. :shh:
Adobe wrote:Thank you. The purpose of this message is to validate your e-mail address and confirm that you have applied for a license to distribute the Adobe® Software listed here:

• Adobe® AIR® Runtime
• Adobe® Flash® Player
• Adobe® Reader® software
• Adobe® Shockwave® Player

Please confirm your request by clicking the link below. If this does not work, please copy and paste the link text into a Web browser. Once you have responded, we will continue to process your application to distribute the Adobe Software.

[Link Removed]

This is an auto-generated e-mail. Please do not respond to this message for customer service issues.
OOPS

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-11-20, 04:48

This doesn't sound good. So, if I'm reading this right, after January 22nd, 2016, ESR of Flash will not be available for the general public.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-11-20, 17:47

Where on the Adobe-page do they mention ESR ?
Adobe says:
But unless Adobe blocks access to their FTP-servers there is nothing stopping you from downloading the files.
I have done that for years without looking at the "Adobe Flash Player Distribution"-page,
in fact i actually didn´t know the page existed until last year... ;)
If you are not an enterprise user, please visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download Adobe Flash Player for your system.
And on that page, in the lower-left corner:
If your operating system/browser combination is not displayed, refer to the Archived Flash Player versions page.
All versions are available on that page...
So unless Adobe "decommissions" that page too, it should not be any problem to get the ESR-versions.

Update: I have edited the post and added a live link to the "Archived Flash Player versions" page.
Last edited by hackerman1 on 2015-11-22, 13:04, edited 2 times in total.
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

RedRamGT
Moon lover
Moon lover

Adobe Flash Player ESR Download

Unread post by RedRamGT » 2015-11-22, 01:23

Today I went to the Adobe Flash Player site to download the latest version of Flash Player ESR. When I went to the site, it has a warning at the top saying:

"WARNING This page and the download links will be decommissioned on January 22nd, 2016."

"If you are not an enterprise user, please visit get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download Adobe Flash Player for your system."

"Enterprise users must have a valid license to download and distribute Adobe Flash Player binaries. Instructions and further details can be found at http://www.adobe.com/products/players/f ... ution.html.

Does anyone have any information on how to download the ESR version of Flash Player after this takes effect?

It seems they are trying to (unnecessarily) complicate getting the full downloads for Flash Player.

Lunix

Unread post by Lunix » 2015-11-22, 03:35

hackerman1 wrote:Where on the Adobe-page do they mention ESR ?
Adobe says:
But unless Adobe blocks access to their FTP-servers there is nothing stopping you from downloading the files.
I have done that for years without looking at the "Adobe Flash Player Distribution"-page,
in fact i actually didn´t know the page existed until last year... ;)
And on that page, in the lower-left corner:
If your operating system/browser combination is not displayed, refer to the Archived Flash Player versions page.
So unless Adobe "decommissions" that page too, it should not be any problem to get the ESR-versions.
Please point out where the ESR versions are on that page.

CharmCityCrab

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2015-11-22, 04:05

Is there an open-source alternative to Adobe Flash that works consistently to display flash video?

Last I heard, which was admittedly a long time ago, the open-source solutions were very buggy and inconsistent, and I would assume that they probably stopped having as much, if any, time and energy from people devoted to developing and maintaining them once it became obvious that Flash was going to be a rarely used obsolete format in the next few years from an average home Internet user standpoint.

However, it might be worth looking into to double check. If something works and is being maintained, that could be a way around this issue for Pale Moon, if I understand the implications of Adobe's decision correctly (I may be misunderstanding things).

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-11-22, 13:20

Lunix wrote:
hackerman1 wrote:
Go to Archived Flash Player versions

Look under the section Flash Player archives

Release and Content Debugger archives
(Released 11/10/2015) Flash Player 11.2.202.548 (32.43 MB)
(Released 11/10/2015) Flash Player 18.0.0.261 (184 MB)

On the second line, 18.0.0.261 is the latest ESR....

"Extended Support Release - Flash Player 18.0.0.261"
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashpla ... tion3.html

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-11-22, 22:08

The way is sounded you guys, to me, was like they were going to close off the distribution download page for the general public and only members/enterprise users would be the only ones available for it.

So am I right?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2015-11-22, 22:12

I think it would be safe to assume that somebody on TPB will upload copies of Flash ESR.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-22, 22:18

You are correct. How it works now is flash's distribution4 uses a query with a GUID in it that only allows authorized users access. If the URL with the GUID in it is leaked.. Then they know who was the weak link and ostensibly would be punished by being locked out and blackballed from it forever.

Lunix

Unread post by Lunix » 2015-11-23, 02:07

hackerman1 wrote:
Lunix wrote:
hackerman1 wrote:
Go to Archived Flash Player versions

Look under the section Flash Player archives

Release and Content Debugger archives
(Released 11/10/2015) Flash Player 11.2.202.548 (32.43 MB)
(Released 11/10/2015) Flash Player 18.0.0.261 (184 MB)

On the second line, 18.0.0.261 is the latest ESR....

"Extended Support Release - Flash Player 18.0.0.261"
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashpla ... tion3.html
Whatever that is (content debugger version?) it's not the ESR. The ESR is 17 MB. That file is over 10 times the size.

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-11-23, 03:58

That zip-file has 2 directories: 18_0_r0_261 and 18_0_r0_261_debug with several files...

18_0_r0_261

flashplayer18_0r0_261_mac.dmg
flashplayer18_0r0_261_mac_pkg.dmg
flashplayer18_0r0_261_win.exe <------- ESR 17.8 MB
flashplayer18_0r0_261_win.msi
flashplayer18_0r0_261_winax.exe
flashplayer18_0r0_261_winax.msi
uninstall_flashplayer18_0r0_261_mac.dmg
uninstall_flashplayer18_0r0_261_win.exe

18_0_r0_261_debug

flashplayer18_0r0_261_mac_debug.dmg
flashplayer18_0r0_261_mac_sa_debug.dmg
flashplayer18_0r0_261_winax_debug.exe
flashplayer18_0r0_261_win_debug.exe
flashplayer18_0r0_261_win_sa_debug.exe

And PLEASE stop qouting whole posts.
We can all read the previous posts.... ;)

Lunix

Unread post by Lunix » 2015-11-23, 06:49

I won't quote anything if that makes you happy.

That link is not a good replacement for what Adobe is taking away. A 184 MB download every time they update would be a burden.

However, if one person would d/l the big file and then extract the ESR for hosting on this website for PM users. I have no idea if Adobe allows such a thing.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2015-11-23, 09:54

This is complete bullshit. I "need" to be able to download the standalone installer. Whenever I install a PC for someone, I automate the process as much as I can to keep my sanity, and having to install stuff manually is pain in the ass. Besides, I hate the web installer with passion.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-23, 12:13

You can always apply for the dist program.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2015-12-27, 15:14

There is one more place to find the standalone ESR installer -- at least for now. Though it should be noted, there's no notice on this page to indicate whether the page / links will persist after Jan. 22. Also Adobe's FAQ page may be worth checking in future.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-01-10, 00:59

Adobe has kicked the date ahead to March 1st. See also their FAQ.