The ad blocker doesn't load but do I even need it?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Oh_Danny_Boy

The ad blocker doesn't load but do I even need it?

Unread post by Oh_Danny_Boy » 2015-12-02, 01:17

I'm using Pale Moon for Linux ver 25.7.3 with Puppy Linux 6.0 Tahrpup and it is by far the best browser for Puppy Linux. Tahrpup comes with a built-in Pup-Avert-Blocker ad blocker that runs in the background when I use Chrome. I noticed that it doesn't launch with Pale Moon but for some reason the obnoxious ads with a soundtrack that auto-launches don't seem to appear. I don't really mind the ads, just the ones that have a voice-over that auto-launches when you go to a webpage. Is there an ad-blocker that will work with Pale Moon?
Attachments
chromewABP.jpg
chromewABP.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 589 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: The ad blocker doesn't load but do I even need it?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-02, 01:27

It doesn't work because you're using an incompatible extension. You want Adblock Latitude.
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ ... -latitude/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Oh_Danny_Boy

Re: The ad blocker doesn't load but do I even need it?

Unread post by Oh_Danny_Boy » 2015-12-02, 12:09

Thank you for the clarification. I made a small donation in appreciation.