Tab placement in Pale Moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fnsaver

Tab placement in Pale Moon

Unread post by fnsaver » 2015-11-11, 16:09

Hello,
As someone who's considering to switch to Pale Moon from Firefox, I was curious about something. I'm currently using FF 42.0 with the aesthetic addon "Classic Theme Restorer". The tabs are placed like this:

It saves me a rather considerable amount of space by placing the tabs next to the browser button on the upper left corner. Is it possible to organise Pale Moon in this manner?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Tab placement in Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-11, 17:34

Yes, by selecting "tabs on top" in the options submenu menu. If the window is maximized, you will have the same layout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fnsaver

Unread post by fnsaver » 2015-11-11, 17:37

Thanks for the quick reply. I have to say, Pale Moon is an incredibly nice browser. Congratulations.

Also, I read in another post of yours that you are planning to implement personas and themes that can co-exist. That way the user can have the buttons from a theme and the background from another persona. May I ask if there is a timetable for when this would be implemented?

Thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-11-11, 17:52

It's already possible with some tricks as long as the theme is marked "skinnable". We don't have any specific target date for having that in the browser yet; we're currently focusing on getting Goanna ready for release.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

fnsaver

Unread post by fnsaver » 2015-11-11, 17:54

I understand that it is a rather trivial detail, but I wanted to ask anyway, since I have the developer in my thread. Thanks again. I'm typing this in Pale Moon, and I think I'll stick to it too.

Good luck,
FNSaver

High Tide
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by High Tide » 2015-11-20, 18:34

@ fnsaver

Additionally, if you install the Compact Moon theme you can, along with lots of other useful tweaks, retain the 'tabs on top' in the title bar even when window size is reduced.

HT
Lowena dhywgh!