Palemoon Sync problem

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
chuguevskiy

Palemoon Sync problem

Unread post by chuguevskiy » 2015-10-07, 18:05

Hello

The problem with sync. Do not print the code for synchronization. Where should the code, there is only an 3 dots.
Help!

Palemoon for Android 2.5.72
phone: GT-I9300 (Int)
Android 5.1.1 (Resurrection Remix Official\NamelessRom Official and other firmware based on 5.1.1)

hikki

Re: Palemoon Sync problem

Unread post by hikki » 2015-10-07, 22:34

I see someone posted about that already.. So, same for me, impossible to connect to sync account. Seems you (moonchild) didn't update that part of the app while the desktop version was fixed..?

squarefractal

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-10-08, 07:48

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-10-08, 12:50

Thanks but i tried that before posting (username being your email..), and it kept saying my key was wrong..!!

EDIT: Just trying again; now i pass login, however it says it couldn't reach server..?!

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-10-12, 22:51

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-12, 23:49

......................! ...................? ....................!!

:P

Seriously though. If you are having login issues, then you may possibly still be trying to connect to Mozilla servers.
What this thread was started for it the (unexpected) shutdown of the J-PAKE keyserver by Mozilla along with their Sync 1.1 storage servers (this was not communicated properly).
To remedy this, I've set up a keyserver myself, and this requires reconfiguration of the client. To this end, a new version of Pale Moon will be released shortly. Only this version will be able to use the 12-character key "easy setup" to link devices; older versions will not because they are configured for the Mozilla server which is no longer operational.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-10-14, 21:48

Well.. I uninstalled/reinstalled PM with the version released today and when i go to the sync tab, i still see 3dots in place of the characters i should get.. :/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-14, 23:00

Heh. well, that's because Mozilla apparently hard-coded the server address in the Fennec client *sigh*. it's actually in the client .java file.
I'll re-build Android (again), this time with the proper server.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-15, 19:03

25.7.3.1 should fix this.