Pale Moon 7.0.1 released!

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon 7.0.1 released!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-10-07, 08:07

Today, Pale Moon 7.0.1 has been released.

This update fixes a very important speed regression issue for Pale Moon 7.0. It impacts mostly the page content layout engine and DOM handling, which will be on par again with what they should be for Pale Moon in this point release. Bug: 20111001-CCBug
Benchmarking scores will see a significant jump from 7.0 to 7.0.1 as a result, as well.
There are no other functional or UI changes for this release.

Also, a new speed comparison has been made, pitting Pale Moon 7.0.1 against Firefox 7.0.1 - if you are interested, check out http://www.palemoon.org/technical.shtml#speed
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Pale Moon 7.0.1 released!

Unread post by Night Wing » 2011-10-07, 12:06

I had noticed, only slightly, that Pale Moon 7.0 was a little slower to load my home start page (My Way) than Firefox 7.0.1 does from a cold start when I power up my computer in the morning. Pale Moon 6.0 was quicker than Pale Moon (7.0).

Where I live, I don't leave my computer always turned on because our electrical power tends to suddenly go out for periods of up to two hours. If I leave my house, I shut down my computer. This is why I have a battery backup so I can safely shut down my computer without corrupting my Windows 7 64 bit operating system should the electrical power suddenly turn off.

Getting back to my home start page, My Way (which is like Yahoo, but without ads) has a "time prompt" near the top of the page on the right side. If you click on the link below, you'll see it. It's prompt says, "page took x.xx seconds" and Firefox 7.0.1 was always faster than Pale Moon (7.0). I don't know of any other place on the internet which has this time prompt on their main site page. With Pale Moon (7.0.1), I'm expecting this newest version of Pale Moon to be on par with Firefox 7.0.1 speed and time wise. BTW, the speed difference wasn't really noticeable to the naked eye.

http://www.my.myway.com/

This is how I track how fast browsers are speed wise. Nothing scientific, but it interests me to see how fast different browsers render this page time wise.

BTW, thank you for building a great browser. Pale Moon (32-bit) is my default browser and Firefox (32-bit) is my backup browser.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox