[Solved] How To Create A New Profile In Linux Pale Moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: How To Create A New Profile In Linux Pale Moon

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-09-16, 23:39

troypulk wrote:The easiest way is just go to /home/joe/.moonchild productions/pale moon/ with Thunar

Then rename these two files
garhgsj0.default

profiles.ini
to this
garhgsj0.default-old

profiles.ini-old
Then restart Pale Moon
BINGO! :D

I HAVE A WINNER!! :D :D

Thank you, Troy. :clap:

I tried your method above on my linux Mint hard drive in my laptop which I use for testing purpose just in case I had a run in with Murphy's Law. Glad to see this time I avoided a run in with Murphy. You were correct in saying this is the easiest way. If you're familiar with American TV commercials, "so easy a cave man can do it" and even a non-technical person like me can do it. ;) Since I prefer not to install linux Pale Moon in linux Mint, if I ever need to make a new linux Pale Moon profile, I now know how.

Again, thank you, Troy. :clap: :clap:

PS: I wrote the instructions down on paper for "future reference" if needed.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

benbadge72

Re: [Solved] How To Create A New Profile In Linux Pale Moon

Unread post by benbadge72 » 2015-10-01, 11:29

Had no issue in adding -profilemanager after the command listed in the desktop entry or shortcut for it on LMDE2. It functioned as stated, let me create a new base profile. Can swap now between profiles should I desire, open running PaleMoon. Whee! :) :thumbup: