NoScript..no support for Palemoon

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

NoScript..no support for Palemoon

Unread post by cartel » 2015-07-29, 18:29

I was told Palemoon isn't officially supported, and I'm having issues with the latest version.
Whats the plan with these addons that don't seem to want to get onboard with Palemoon?
I'm kinda worried I'm gonna have to keep old versions of my addons to keep using Palemoon.

I love Palemoon, but I'm sensing the love is not shared with all parties.

Even some at DSL reports are saying Palemoon shouldn't be supported on the Mozilla form anymore.

Its like there is some animosity going around lately.
ImageImage

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: NoScript..no support for Palemoon

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-07-29, 18:48

I know, I feel your pain! And they shouldn't say s**t if they haven't used PM or know anything about the project if they haven't taken the time out and read what we're doing here!! :thumbdown: :x Sorry, just makes me mad when someone speaks without knowing the full story and jumps to conclusions based off their fanboy love towards Firefox.

Anyways..... :) I've been using the latest last working version of any add-on, because if "ain't broken no need for fixing it." So you can do that if you want. But really, I guess the plan would be to ask them if they would stay compatible with us, then if they choose not to, we just basically fork them from there I guess?
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2015-07-29, 18:57

Off-topic:
There is no perfect browser in my opinion. After saying that, people should use the browser that "best" fits their needs, wants and likes. With that said, for me, Pale Moon fits the bill in both Windows and Linux and this is why I use it.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2015-07-29, 22:28

Night Wing wrote:
Off-topic:
There is no perfect browser in my opinion. After saying that, people should use the browser that "best" fits their needs, wants and likes. With that said, for me, Pale Moon fits the bill in both Windows and Linux and this is why I use it.
Palemoon is great, love it. No way I'm going to another browser.
I like that fact that there are no extra junk I don't want and great support here.
It's close to perfect as it gets.

I'm just worried that the addons I use might not be willing to support the browser as they are mainly going with Firefox.
Thankfully they are mostly open source so they can be forked.
ImageImage

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-07-29, 23:19

cartel wrote:I was told Palemoon isn't officially supported, and I'm having issues with the latest version.
Who told you that "Palemoon isn't officially supported" ?
Where did you get that information ?
Pale Moon is not mentioned in the changelog (on Noscript.net).

What issues do you mean ?
I´m asking because i just installed Noscript 2.6.9.33 after seeing this post.
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2015-07-29, 23:49

hackerman1 wrote:
cartel wrote:I was told Palemoon isn't officially supported, and I'm having issues with the latest version.
Who told you that "Palemoon isn't officially supported" ?

What issues do you mean ?
I´m asking because i just installed Noscript 2.6.9.33 after seeing this post.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8986
ImageImage

hackerman1
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by hackerman1 » 2015-07-30, 00:24

I don´t see any information about Noscript 2.6.9.33 not supporting Palemoon on that page....
So my questions remain.
hackerman1 wrote: Who told you that "Palemoon isn't officially supported" ?
Administrator on Windows Server to Workstation
Moderator (and "undercover" Admin) on The Windows Club Forum

Security: EAM, Comodo Firewall and HIPS, WinPatrol+, HOSTS-file, UAC (max), Sandboxie, NoScript and ADBlock.

ketmar
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by ketmar » 2015-07-30, 05:25

Off-topic:
2OP: did you tried uBlock Origin and/or uMatrix, by chance? they are able to selectively block scripts too, and current developement versions works fine with Pale Moon. tbh, i found uBO much easier to use with «dynamic filtering» turned on.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-07-31, 08:49

I also have no problems with NoScript and i use it since before i start using Pale Moon..so now a very long time.
If you have problems then make a thread in the NoScript forum: https://forums.informaction.com/index.php