Always having google suggestions..

Old discussions related to the Android/mobile version of Pale Moon.
hikki

Always having google suggestions..

Unread post by hikki » 2015-07-24, 09:57

No matter which search engine you use, could you make that? Or using keywords like on desktop version, like dkdk for duckduck, bg for bing, etc (you choosing them of course)..?

_Poke_

Re: Always having google suggestions..

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-07-24, 13:31

If you set your default to DuckDuckGo you can use their !bangs
eg. any search containing !google will go to google, !wiki to wikipedia, !amazon to amazon and a lot more. (search !bang to get a page listing all 6,391).
This is a bit different to keywords since it's parsed on their end and you'll have to use the shortcuts they've chosen, but it's an easy alternative.

About suggestions, are you asking to always show suggestions from google even when a different search engine is chosen? I'm not sure if that's doable.

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-07-24, 15:54

Thanks for the bang, i totally ignored that. But i'd still like to make my own.. And no if you read again, i didn't ask for that. On the browser you select google and then you type your bang/keyword, it'll still use google suggestions since it's the one selected..

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-07-27, 12:44

To be straight forward, i'd like disconnect.me to be the main Android PM search engine ;)

_Poke_

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-07-27, 13:24

Sorry, I don't use search suggestions so I'm not sure what you can do with them, and how much of that applies to Android. Since PM4A is discontinued you might have better luck searching for a way to do this in Firefox, and see if it's compatible.

hikki

Unread post by hikki » 2015-07-29, 21:24

"PM4A is discontinued" well not that much? I read somewhere an update should come soon :o

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-07-30, 04:13

hikki wrote:"PM4A is discontinued" well not that much? I read somewhere an update should come soon :o
Moonchild is looking into a possible update for security fixes, but othewise no active work is being done on PM4A.

jesica1

Unread post by jesica1 » 2015-09-21, 12:10

its better to use suggestion while we are searching for thing or topic, because sometimes we could not think what the exact query should be. It helps those people who could not make a good query in mind while searching a thing or service they want.