Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bottom

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Dream Cortex

Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bottom

Unread post by Dream Cortex » 2015-07-29, 11:45

Hello,

Upon browser restart, once the new 29 July 2015 Update was installed, Pale Moon came back with a strange red alphanumeric string along the bottom of my screen. It takes up way too much real estate of my screen. I'm considering rolling back the latest update just so I can reacquire my screen to its full use. (The glitch diminishes the size of videos I wish to stream.)

I'm sure someone versed in computers could fix this in a red hot minute, but I claim no such talent, myself. I've had a look at my AdBlockPlus add-on and I can't find any clue there to how to make this glitch disappear. I disabled the status bar but the red string -- which appeared below the status bar -- remains.

I'm hoping someone's willing to provide a description of how I might amend this -- a step-by-step how-to would be gratefully appreciated. I simply have no nous when it come to computers, but I want to persist with Pale Moon because it answers all my needs, and I've been trying to spread the word about it.

I have Win 7 on a 64-bit PC, 8 Gig RAM, only dual-core; Pale Moon Version 25.6.0 (x86) [I thought I'd selected a 64-bit version --- dunno why it's x86] Processor = AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics @ 3.40 GHz.

I've restarted the PC and the glitch returned as before.

I'll provide a screen-grab of the offending glitch, in the hope that's enough of a clue for someone who knows how to decode these things.

Any help would be lovingly appreciated!! I don't want to roll back Pale Moon. I'm chuffed with its useability and performance, and want to keep it as my default browser.

Thank you for any help,
--Dream Cortex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Latest Update leaves hanging string along my screen's bo

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-29, 15:31

AdBlock Plus is not compatible with Pale Moon.
Please uninstall it, and use Adblock Latitude instead:
https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/privacy-and-security/adblock-latitude/
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite