How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

General discussion and chat (archived)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-11, 11:06

Firefox 14 beta 12? Crazy!

(doesn't improve my confidence in code stability)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

aorbiter

Re: How many betas can you squeeze in 6 weeks?

Unread post by aorbiter » 2012-07-11, 13:59

In the past, after a Firefox integer # public release, the next integer # beta 1 would follow a day or a week later. I would download and install to see any noticeable changes. After Firefox 13 was released, it wasn't Firefox 14 beta 1 that followed! It was beta 6. I did a double-take and thought I missed a few beta's. (I used Filehippo to verify my recall of that moment) I also stopped installing the beta's. They're trying to hide the version numbers. Now they're "distorting" the beta version numbers.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-07-11, 16:35

Firefox14 start with beta6. Just for having the same beta version for pc and handy.
This is crazy!

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-07-11, 19:26

http://evilbrainjono.net/
ex- mozilla employee, talking that "everybody hates sw updates" . This blog is not a rant . but a good read definitely.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-07-11, 23:06

stravinsky wrote:ex- mozilla employee, talking that "everybody hates sw updates" . This blog is not a rant . but a good read definitely.
Um.. He was never involved with Firefox.
Mozilla!=Firefox, just like Microsoft!=Windows
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-07-11, 23:17

Thanks Stravinsky....that was a good recommend! The "Everybody Hates Firefox updates" and "Follow-up to.... " posts have obviously hit a raw nerve and gone viral. His latest post, with a rather shocked tone,"I got flash mobbed" is perhaps a good lesson/salutary reminder to us all to be very, very careful about what you put your name to online!

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-07-12, 02:54

Or they have too much to fix or they want to add to much. Not good in either case.