Flash Player with Latest Version Portable Pale Moon?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
KenithO

Flash Player with Latest Version Portable Pale Moon?

Unread post by KenithO » 2015-06-01, 14:32

Does the latest version of Portable Pale Moon come with a Flash Player? Checked the Website FAQ and Known issues in the current version but found nothing. Then did a forum search using "flash player" and got 6 hits but none recent.

If it does come with a flash player is it possible to turn off? If yes please tell how. If no how can I delete it?

Thanks

Ken

squarefractal

Re: Flash Player with Latest Version Portable Pale Moon?

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-06-01, 15:00

No, Pale Moon does not bundle Flash Player.

You can disable it from Tools > Addons > Plugins, or uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-06-01, 16:52

If you don't like flash popping up on you or playing flash ads automatically (YouTube and other videos), but still need flash for certain content, then I suggest click to play: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/click-to-play-per-element/?src=ss
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-06-02, 12:16

The Flash player will be used if it is installed on the host system you use Pale Moon Portable on.
If you want to explicitly always disable Flash for the portable, make sure to select "Never activate" from the Plugins section of the Add-on manager when on a system that has Flash installed (otherwise the choice won't show up) -- this should permanently remember your choice even if you switch systems to one that does not have Flash installed.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite