32 & 64 bits simultaneously installed

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
_Geo_

32 & 64 bits simultaneously installed

Unread post by _Geo_ » 2015-05-12, 12:00

Installed 32bit Pale Moon. It's a great App, Thanks.

Can I install 64 bit simultaneously with 32 bit so they both share the same profile ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: 32 & 64 bits simultaneously installed

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-05-12, 12:17

Since you posted this in the portable board, I assume you are using the portable version.
In that case, the answer is "no". The portable is not designed for a central profile location.

If you actually installed the browser normally, then yes, it's simple: just install the 64-bit one as well.
Please do note you can not run them at the same time in that case, but you can switch by closing one then opening the other.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

_Geo_

Re: 32 & 64 bits simultaneously installed

Unread post by _Geo_ » 2015-05-12, 14:20

Yes, I'm using the portable version.
I presume from your reply; the profile cannot be shared via editing "Palemoon-Portable.ini".

Edit: Of I see that I can simply install both versions and use "Sync". Thanks!