Pale Moon on OSv

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WeezzZ

Pale Moon on OSv

Unread post by WeezzZ » 2015-03-18, 17:32

Hi there,

I just found Pale Moon on the Internet. I am currently working on a project that aims to provide fast and responsive virtual machines for testing purposes (Selenium like system).

To include Chrome or Firefox into OSv I have to rebuild it with specific options and I have a LOT of compilation errors. So I began to search for a lighter web browser that could accept those requirements. My question about building Pale Moon is pretty simple :
* Can we compile it in a static way ? (except standard C and C++ libraries of course) ? It means to pass to GCC -fPIC options, or use --enable-static and so options of mozilla build system, but not working on current stable release :/ (I use Ubuntu VM provided by Mozilla to compile).
* Can we generate a library .so file and not an executable (I guess yes afaik, with --shared on linking) ?

Great job anyway, I will test it ^^

squarefractal

Re: Pale Moon on OSv

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-03-19, 13:57

You don't need to make a static build -- Pale Moon uses very basic dependencies that should be installed on all systems.