Pale Moon - Linux specific information

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Pale Moon - Linux specific information

Unread post by trava90 » 2015-03-18, 08:27

Seeing how there are several threads floating about with information that is specific to Pale Moon for Linux, I thought that I would bring it all together into one thread for quick reference:

Pale Moon for Linux FAQ

Linux only add-ons:

Blue Moon Linux -- Adds the blue Pale Moon button and other Windows-specific style elements to Pale Moon for Linux. - Thanks to Antonius32 for your work on this! (release notes | support)

Fresh Player Plugin - Enables Pale Moon to use the latest version of Adobe Flash on Linux. -- Thanks to Jaaday for the original post!

Netflix Desktop -- Enables Pale Moon to use Microsoft Silverlight (required for Netflix). This can also be used to enable Adobe Shockwave (not to be confused with Adobe Flash) in Pale Moon. -- Thanks to Jaaday for the original post!

Known distros that include Pale Moon in their official repo:

Manjaro
PCLinuxOS
MX-Linux
Puppy Linux "Tahrpup"*
LxPupTahr*

*Included as the default browser

Additional 3rd party repos:

Arch User Repository (AUR)
SlackBuilds
Gentoo Overlays

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any additional information that should be added to this list!
Last edited by trava90 on 2015-09-18, 03:04, edited 8 times in total.

trava90
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: Pale Moon - Linux specific information

Unread post by trava90 » 2017-07-09, 04:35

Seeing how this thread is terribly dated and most of the information here either is already or will be migrated to the Linux site/wiki, I'm removing the sticky on this thread.