Trying PaleMoon but bookmarks crash

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Hextejas

Trying PaleMoon but bookmarks crash

Unread post by Hextejas » 2015-03-15, 14:36

I run opensuse 12.3 64bit and went through the various steps to try and install PM.

1) Used the installer but got an error which suggested to install xhost to fix it. Well, I already had xhost so I tried the extract, make links, desktop, etc.

Cancel part of this as I got the installer to work
I installed the lastest version, it crashed so I backed up to 25.2.xxxxxx. No help.

It crashes to the desktop when I try and manage my bookmarks by clicking on the link.
I ran PM from the terminal and got this at the crash

hexdump@Corky-PC:~> palemoon

(process:25179): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/palemoon/PaleMoon/pmsrc/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation); 4 requests ago: file /home/palemoon/PaleMoon/pmsrc/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp, line 157
Segmentation fault
hexdump@Corky-PC:~>

There are actually other spots it will crash but they seem related.

thanks

squarefractal

Re: Trying PaleMoon but bookmarks crash

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-03-15, 16:01

Already discussed in other topics:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5836#p37092
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7065#p45595

I would not advice using the workaround discussed in the second link, though. Although, if you are feeling adventurous, you could:

Code: Select all

sed -i 's/iceweasel/palemoon\0/g' /path/to/the/oxygen-gtk-library.so

Hextejas

Re: Trying PaleMoon but bookmarks crash

Unread post by Hextejas » 2015-03-15, 19:06

That Fixed it. By changing oxygen to something else.

Looking good so far, and now it's time to play.