Pale Moon 7.0 final to be released soon!

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon 7.0 final to be released soon!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-27, 20:16

Mozilla has finalized the source tree and merged it into the release branch.

As it turns out, Pale Moon 7.0 r4 has used the last milestone and bugpatch before the administrative merge, so release of Pale Moon 7.0 can be accelerated with less time soaking! Pretty much all the work has already been done for it, meaning a fresh build on finalized release code, some last minute enhancements, and a quick test run should be all that is needed right now before releasing it to the public.

Stay tuned!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MozillaUser233

Re: Pale Moon 7.0 final to be released soon!

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2011-09-28, 06:14

Awesome, always looking forward for upcoming releases.

Thanks Moonchild.

wjssz

Unread post by wjssz » 2011-09-28, 06:29

Man, I keep refreshing your home page in the past hours, are you in trouble?
Other people are sharing their experience of firefox 7.0, even those users who use tete009 edition.
Pale Moon has a separated profile, so we have to reply on your update, come on.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-28, 07:18

Haha, no. But if you are a Pale Moon user you should already know that there is always a delay after a release version of Firefox before Pale Moon is built and tested. Patience is virtue :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

wjssz

Unread post by wjssz » 2011-09-28, 07:53

Moonchild wrote:
Haha, no. But if you are a Pale Moon user you should already know that there is always a delay after a release version of Firefox before Pale Moon is built and tested. Patience is virtue :)
You are right, I'm a new user :)
I switched to Pale Moon several days ago, I like its idea, thank you for your works.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-28, 10:13

Preliminary public release date is now set for Friday 30 Sept

CelticMoon

Unread post by CelticMoon » 2011-09-29, 02:33

Moonchild wrote:Preliminary public release date is now set for Friday 30 Sept
Thanks for the update, Moonchild - and for the efforts in keeping up with Firefox's quick release schedule.

I am looking forward to the upcoming Pale Moon update! :clap:

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2011-09-29, 04:14

Thank you Moonchild. Looking forward to the new release.

Noticed this blog from Mozilla. An update to 7.01 will happen soon due to this: Excerpt: http://blog.mozilla.com/addons/2011/09/ ... -upgrades/
We’ve identified an issue in which some users may have one or more of their add-ons hidden after upgrading to the latest Firefox version, affecting both desktop and mobile. These add-ons and their data are still intact and haven’t actually been removed. We paused new updates to Firefox to minimize the potential impact on users and will soon release an update to fix this issue and ensure all your add-ons are visible and usable. In the meantime, if you notice an add-on missing entirely from the Add-ons Manager, you can use a simple workaround to recover them.

We are working hard to resolve this issue. We know how important add-ons are to you and apologize for the inconvenience.
Therefore, will you go ahead anyway with the release of v7 or delay it a little due to above? Thanks for reading.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-29, 10:27

OK, I've looked at the bug and proposed fix -- impact should be minimal on Pale Moon builds so I'll make it part of the 7.0 release. This means a delay for all versions, but the bug should have been caught by Mozilla before release.

See what happens when you make a too rapid release schedule, Mozilla? Stuff slips through!

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2011-09-30, 02:33

Mozilla issued the fix today so version Fx 7.0.1 is out, but guess you already know about it? ;)

Mozilla still has to learn that the vast majority of Fx users got addons and that without them Fx would be just another browser. So it's about time they take into account that something may go wrong if mostly focusing on the browser itself and the rapid release formula.

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-09-30, 11:20

Well, if there wouldn't be add-ons firefox is still a good browser but i might would think of changing to opera. Don't call me paranoid but i won't use chrome even if you use kill-id.

nana2

Unread post by nana2 » 2011-09-30, 13:35

diNovoM wrote:Well, if there wouldn't be add-ons firefox is still a good browser but i might would think of changing to opera. Don't call me paranoid but i won't use chrome even if you use kill-id.
Agreed with Fx being a good browser without its addons but it is its addons and its versatility that made me switch to it in 2004. Tried numerous other ones but always came back to Fx. Tried Chrome and Google Earth a few times but dumped them for ever due to privacy concerns (tracking etc.) Now I've still got over 840 Google registry items and Google updates remnants in my PC. :x Since Fx and PM also use google for certain things it's impossible to find out which ones could be deleted safely. IMHO no other browsers even come close to Firefox and Palemoon. I love Palemoon and it's still faster for me than Fx 7.01. :thumbup:

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2011-09-30, 15:00

diNovoM wrote:Well, if there wouldn't be add-ons firefox is still a good browser but i might would think of changing to opera. Don't call me paranoid but i won't use chrome even if you use kill-id.
I totally agree with that, Firefox is great as default and no add-ons, but it's a hassle waiting for the Firefox add-ons to be compatible.

Now, I tried to make an add-on work by installing "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" and it didn't work.
The majority of users just want a browser to work, so they aren't just going to bother with fixes that require steps from here to here (e.g. Go to about:config, right-click in a white area and select New –> Boolean, type the preference name as extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0 and set it to False).