Vertical Tree style Tabs

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

majormom

Vertical Tree style Tabs

Unread post by majormom » 2015-02-02, 17:14

Just a question, not a complaint. The vertical tree style tab add-on installed (FF add-on site) however it does not seem to work.
Any suggestions?
Having the tabs in a tree format sounds very convenient.
THANK you for providing this outstanding browser & support. :)

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Vertical Tree style Tabs

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-02-03, 02:53

There are a few things you can do. First, what is the exact name of the add-on? (I did a search using your term, vertical tree style tab, and nothing came up with that exact name.) See if it is listed here on the incompatible page; if not, then you should post this problem here, in the format requested. In the meantime, you can try an older version of the add-on (shouldn't be too hard to find).

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-02-03, 03:09

I think I found your add-on. The latest version of the add-on says it's not available for the latest version of Palemoon; but the previous version should work (version 0.14.2014051101). Here's the link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/versions/

You should still post that the latest version doesn't work here, even if the previous one does (and mention that fact under "Workaround'). Hope this helps. [Not sure if this matters, but I would first remove the latest version you got on, then install the previous version.]

majormom

Unread post by majormom » 2015-02-03, 17:53

OK, mission accomplished. The exact name is Tree Style tabs 0.14.2014051101 found on the FF site (as you suggested). The reason I went looking and this is the version listed on the "How to Geek" email yesterday. I was unaware there was a newer version of the ad-on. After installation, I went in my add-on tab and made a few preference changes and BINGO the start AFTER a cold boot brought it up. I am currently using Win 7 home Premium, PM Ver 25.2.1 (x86). It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is WONDERFUL as far as having a larger web page viewing area.

Thank you for your helpful replies

majormom

Unread post by majormom » 2015-02-05, 17:23

Further update on the tree style vertical display.
1. I use group tabs for approx 200 tabs. I use the setting "only open when selected"
2. The vertical tabs work without a hitch UNLESS I try to open the groups to select another group of "tabs".
3. Then, it flashes but does not function.
4. Only resolution is to use Task manager to close PM and then open again
I'm using win 7 Home premium, PM 25.2.1 (x86)
The Tree Style tabs FF add-in is 0.14.2014051101
I've seen comments that there is a newer version of the Tree style tab add-on, but have not yet found it.
I shall keep investigating and present this on the non-compatibility forum

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2015-02-06, 05:47

I just noticed this before reading your latest post. According to forum user Supernova (see link below), Tree Style Tabs has some issues (in addition to latest version compatibility problems). Maybe he or someone else can elaborate on this.

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7292#p47237

littledude072

Unread post by littledude072 » 2015-02-12, 09:48

thanks, been using palemoon 25 portable with auto addon updates off for a while now. i recently updated to a new portable version and reinstalled all of my addons (this being my favourite) and tree style tab (TST) wasnt compatible. i too never noticed TST had recentlyish updated since their updates were pretty rare. works just fine on firefox, but i also prefer a palemoon portable on my FDD to go. might also go on TSTs support page later on.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-02-17, 10:38

helloimustbegoing wrote:I just noticed this before reading your latest post. According to forum user Supernova (see link below), Tree Style Tabs has some issues (in addition to latest version compatibility problems). Maybe he or someone else can elaborate on this.

http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7292#p47237
To elaborate, I used tree style tabs to groups tab together at v24 time (I kept the horizontal tab bar). It was handy to manage tabs in a more logical way, however the various operations involving tabs all suffered a very noticable hit of performance. That's a few months ago now so I don't remember all details. It was still manageable since I kept it a few weeks.