My palemoon project :)

General discussion and chat (archived)
natostanco

My palemoon project :)

Unread post by natostanco » 2012-05-23, 09:14

I don't like the blue moon...so I made myself a weird icon that could fit oh I see a pale moon. I also tried to give it a sort of :mozilla touch" even tough I am not quite sure I have succeded.
When I think about pale it is easier at least for me to imagine a pale yellow rather than a pale blue. So here it is:
Also since optimization and speed are goal of palemoon this is a weird rocket passing on it

Hope you enjoy...

dark_moon

Re: My palemoon project :)

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-05-23, 15:46

Sorry, but dont like this icons.
The acutally blue moon is the best for pale moon, i think. And of cource the red for beta.

But you can change your icon, if you want.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-05-23, 16:14

Nice to see an icon idea, at the 256 size it doesn't look so bad but when it is used in smaller sizes it is too messy, difficult to tell whether it is a rocket, or .......... whatever.

Icons seem to work well that haven't a lot in them, maybe at dock size they are OK but as I said anything smaller is not good.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-05-27, 05:14

natostanco wrote:I don't like the blue moon...so I made myself a weird icon that could fit oh I see a pale moon. I also tried to give it a sort of :mozilla touch" even tough I am not quite sure I have succeded.
Hi!

You can experiment with textures and icons as you like, but hardly those icons may be considered for an official release. Is not because the look or else, but as fake/rogue Pale Moon versions often change the official icon for confuse some users. Just look the complete article:

Beware of unofficial downloads!
http://www.palemoon.org/warning-fakes.shtml

So we need to stick to those icons even if you don't like them. As we need to have an official logo for show what is the official and real version of Pale Moon.

Pnume

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-05-29, 05:55

Here's my project:

What do you guys think? :P

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-05-29, 09:56

*fart* HAHAHA HA HA HA! ;-)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dabruro

Unread post by dabruro » 2012-07-13, 16:35

I don't get it -- if someone goes to the trouble to make a fake, why do they give away a clue by replacing the real logo image with another one??
lobocursor wrote: ....
Beware of unofficial downloads!
http://www.palemoon.org/warning-fakes.shtml

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-07-14, 04:51

dabruro wrote:I don't get it -- if someone goes to the trouble to make a fake, why do they give away a clue by replacing the real logo image with another one??
Actually is a booby trap, they trap the freeloaders nerds that think they get Pale Moon for free "without ads or free". Despite that the project is clearly FREEWARE, these people trust more in some "warez kids" that made it "better" (read repack with viruses) since is posted in some warez site.

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-07-14, 04:55

Pnume wrote:Here's my project:

What do you guys think? :P
... eh? :mrgreen: