Hatred At Mozilla Forums

General discussion and chat (archived)
superA

Re: Hatred At Mozilla Forums

Unread post by superA » 2014-12-26, 08:08

I had a good read there.. :coffee:

I thought they stopped but i was wrong..

''Outdated'',''limmited'',''not faster'',''joke'' and some other stuff.
They even made a poll,to keep the thread open and of course they decided so(so noone misses their thoughts).

I still dont get,why they bother with this fanatism against PM and MC and why there is no ''official'' answer to these kids..

ben557

Unread post by ben557 » 2014-12-26, 19:24

Matt A Tobin wrote:
Parsifal wrote:You can also change your UserAgent string specifically for forums.mozillazine.org to that of Firefox latest whatever it is, say all the good you can lye about Firefox, and post a "question regarding a friend who didn't understand anything about life since he installed a Firefox fork but whom you'd wish to help until he understands one day that the truth is in Firefox and Firefox only". Without insisting too heavily of course. Maybe you'll get information that way, then be hired in a whatever intelligence service. It's already been done, it still occurs, join the band!
I changed my per-site user agent to "Mozilla/4.79 [en] (Win95; N)".. Think of that what you will 8-)
That sounds fun hah

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-26, 19:46

ben557 wrote:
Matt A Tobin wrote:
Parsifal wrote:You can also change your UserAgent string specifically for forums.mozillazine.org to that of Firefox latest whatever it is, say all the good you can lye about Firefox, and post a "question regarding a friend who didn't understand anything about life since he installed a Firefox fork but whom you'd wish to help until he understands one day that the truth is in Firefox and Firefox only". Without insisting too heavily of course. Maybe you'll get information that way, then be hired in a whatever intelligence service. It's already been done, it still occurs, join the band!
I changed my per-site user agent to "Mozilla/4.79 [en] (Win95; N)".. Think of that what you will 8-)
That sounds fun hah
Sure is. We proudly welcome you to the PIA (Pale-Moon Intelligence Agency)
:Mission_Obtain Information Regarding PM Without Getting Blocked & Humiliated:
Good luck Agent! :thumbup:

lyceus

Unread post by lyceus » 2014-12-27, 03:42

I just get bored of these Firefox fanboys that come here and say that they tested Pale Moon and is "trash" for some random and not valid reason. Often their "troubles" can be fixed with an easy search in the forum, but they seem to just come here to nail us for not be "Firefox loyal". Meh.

11ryanc

Unread post by 11ryanc » 2014-12-27, 17:59

lobocursor wrote:I just get bored of these Firefox fanboys that come here and say that they tested Pale Moon and is "trash" for some random and not valid reason. Often their "troubles" can be fixed with an easy search in the forum, but they seem to just come here to nail us for not be "Firefox loyal". Meh.
I think the only thing at this point I like about Firefox is the logo..The orange fox with his back up against the globe. I've always thought that was cool.
Nice visuals Mozilla. Now can you please make us a browser that's not a Chrome wannabe? We don't want clones of the same dumbed down s***, give us the good ole reliable Fox back! :|

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-12-28, 14:25

It's honestly funny to read these days. A nice combination of bullshit mixed with other personal garbage. Occasionally a valid point does indeed get raised by one of the more mature ones, but so often it's buried amongst the crap coming from everyone else that it quickly disappears into the murky depths.

The best bit is that they have the bare-faced cheek to refer to this forum as a weird cult populated by 14 year-olds. This despite the fact that there's nothing more cultist, biased and paranoid than Mozillazine out there, and a particularly vocal chunk of their regulars act so appallingly immaturely most the time that I wouldn't be surprised if several of them were still teething (particular mention here for malliz, mightyglymmd and LewdNose).

In truth, many people here are just simply folk who believe that Mozilla have completely and utterly lost the plot lately regarding FireChrome development and who happen to ultimately prefer the look, feel and operation of Pale Moon over other FireChrome alternatives such as SeaMonkey (which incidentally I do still rate as a browser).

But still, never let the truth get in the way of a nice, paranoid set of craziness eh! :)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-28, 15:55

I have very little time to be concerned by Mozillazine or the blind diehard Australis fans. Our focus should be to make Pale Moon even better. As people get fed up they will look for alternatives and we will popup on that list. So let us continue to do all we can to make the project the best it can be from browser to site to community and leave Mozilla and Mozillazine in bin where it belongs.

SivaMachina

Unread post by SivaMachina » 2014-12-28, 18:36

Why should we care what people at Mozilla, Mozillaine, any thing else related fans include have to say. Pale Moon is separate from Firefox and Mozilla and we should treat it as such.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-28, 19:43

SivaMachina wrote:Why should we care what people at Mozilla, Mozillaine, any thing else related fans include have to say. Pale Moon is separate from Firefox and Mozilla and we should treat it as such.
We should care at least somewhat. After all, MozillaZine is historically the "go-to" place for Mozilla-based software. It has a solid place in the web as a knowledge base, and even if the forum is separate and run completely differently, it's still attached.
In addition, we should care because of the very content that is posted there - the staggering amount of misinformation down to downright attacks is something I'm not happy about. They are public fora - meaning you can compare it to "bad press", even if it's in a tabloid, you would still care about it, even if for nothing else than to be aware of it and able to debunk the misinformation on official channels.

Not that I visit there at this point, or make any effort. By now, people should know better, and the MZ forum is reduced to a smaller and smaller group of regulars who enjoy their power over their small corner of digital space.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite